SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_carlson4839406

Taj Mahal - am I worrying too much?

L Carlson
4 years ago

My husband and I are at the point where we needed to make a decision weeks ago. We spent months going to slabyard after slabyard looking at new and the same slabs over and over.

With our darker countertops and warmer tones in the house, I know I want Taj Mahal. We thought we found the perfect slab, so when the guys moved more pieces for us to view I was so let down to see every piece after had a terrible yellow tint to it.

Eventually we chose two slabs from another lot. It doesn’t excite me as much as the original piece I loved. My friend told my to suck it up, Taj Mahal has movement and my original pick was lacking so it wouldn’t make my kitchen interesting. She said she knows I’ll love it when I see it in place. I hope she is right! Pics of the slab I wish we could have gotten and the slabs we are purchasing. I just hope this slabs we picked are as creamy in color as I like, it’s so hard to tell with the lighting in there. I do like some of the rust spots in the slab, I just now worry that it will be too gray. Lol.

Comments (29)