SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Do you surf Craigslist furniture? Dangerous....

3katz4me
4 years ago

I do that, and Petfinder, and should probably stop both as it can be dangerous (almost got a 4th cat a while back). I've seen so many great things on CL and then I try to figure out how I could possibly find a place for the stuff. So far - until today - I've passed on everything unless I was looking for something specific that I "needed".

A few days ago I found some very nice Old Hickory and Hickory Chair furniture that would be a great upgrade for the walkout level family room at our lake cabin. I watched the listing for a few days and finally decided to go look at it today - in my old neighborhood where lots of people have very nice things in one of the many rooms they rarely use.

Everything but the sofa and chair/ottoman had been sold but that was what I was most interested in so I went to take a look and the rest is history. Pristine condition, very comfy - sofa, chair and ottoman for $175. This may be one of my all time greatest CL buys. I would never have picked this for myself as it's a little wild for my usual taste but I think it will be perfect as the rest of the room is pretty neutral. Now we just have to get it moved up there and get rid of the "country" sofa I've had for the last 20 years. I think the other chairs and the rug I have will look fine with it. I like an eclectic mix of stuff that doesn't look perfectly matched.

Comments (12)