SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mreenrn

My crowbar is ready to demo but we need a layout!

mreenrn
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all-

We just received 3 design proposals from a certified kitchen and bath designer and I would gladly welcome any and all assistance in figuring out this room!

Requirements: 1. no toilet facing a mirror 2. no garden tub- we are shower people 3. Doorless shower because I've been cleaning door tracks or glass for 30 years and I'm sick of it. 4. Functional use of space.

Can't change: Windows face east and south and are 47" from the floor.

Open to move: door, sinks, toilet, and shower drain. We have access to plumbing in the basement.

Original layout: entry door is off the MBR, the family room is on the current shower/toilet wall.

Proposal #1

The blue arrow indicates laundry/storage and the red box behind the dox is another linen cabinet. I don't think I like this because I can still see myself in a mirror and the door bonks whoever is standing at the sink. What I really like is the size of the shower!

Proposal #2

I like moving the door but I pity the person stepping out of the shower when another needs to use the commode.

Proposal #3

The box between the vanity and toilet is supposed to be a linen cabinet. I think it needs to move to the left of the vanity and scoot the vanity to the right with a pony wall or glass divider to provide privacy to the toilet. Can the shower be made longer with the drying area where the bench seat arrow is?

We have been trying to figure this room out for 5 years and I can't wait to gut the sucker.

Please help!

THANK YOU

Maureen

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert