SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toshmommy

Right White for Dark Room

toshmommy
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Trying to find the right paint color for this large dark rectangle of a room complete with dark wood trim and beams and a brown ceiling. Pendants and fans will be removed and replaced with can lights in the ceiling. Walls are currently BM Peach Cloud and ceiling is BM Gaucho Brown. Looking for a white or off-white that won't turn green, yellow or pink. I've looked at so many samples - I could use some help narrowing down options.

The new kitchen going in next to the great room will feature Kemper cabinets in Coconut with the island base in chocolate. Two built-ins flanking the sunroom opening will also be chocolate. Kitchen and great room floors will be stained a medium dark shade. Countertop is Colorquartz Statuario Leonardo. Thinking light tan/beige for kitchen walls.

Moving from peach and a neon green kitchen to a much more neutral palette. Is off-white/cream my best option for the great room? Is there something else to consider? Not in budget to repaint ceiling but interested in options/ideas for down the road.

Attaching pics of great room and a few of the future drawings. Future drawings are not our final choices but give a good idea of how we want to furnish the great room.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21