SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ms_pras

Feedback on Cove dishwasher (also considering Miele and Bosch)

Has anybody who has been using Cove give some perspective on how its working out? I am bit hesitant since it is "new" and I have ppl telling me that Miele or Bosch are better options and can save ~$500. I dont care about the $500, since all other appliances are Wolf, but want to make sure that it cleans well, dries well and is convenient to use.

Any thoughts?

Comments (76)

• Karyn Gerecitano
    2 years ago

We've had our Cove dishwasher since Sept 2020. We did have a rocky start. Within 1 week of installation, the digital display stopped working. The issue with the digital display going in/out went on until the end of Oct when Sub Zero replaced the display and control panel. Since then we had one other issue with instability with the racks. I chalked this up to an installation issue and had the installers fix it.

A little over a year after initial installation, I can say we're really happy with this dishwasher. I had been hesitant to buy Cove because of reviews about it falling short in cleaning. I usually use the auto cycle at night, and it almost always does a perfect job. The 1-hour quick cycle, however, usually produces spotty results, but I attribute that to it being the quick cycle. It's still sometimes worth it to do a quick cycle vs. doing dishes by hand.

I had 2 Kitchen Aid dishwashers prior to Cove, and they never cleaned my dishes well. I seriously considered the Miele with the light inside, but went with Cove based on Sub Zero's reputation for great customer service. (Miele had 42 complaints in a 3 year period - per the BBB). And while it did take a month+ to resolve my display issue, I was in constant contact with a Sub Zero rep who was very helpful. Since the Cove is new to the market, it came with a 5 year warranty + 1 add'l year from the place where I bought it. Other than its cleaning capabilities, the multiple configurations for the tines gives me a lot of flexibility. We have the water softener model, but I can't say this makes a difference to me. If you're in the market for a high-end dishwasher, I would highly recommend the Cove.

• Carolyn Jenkins
    2 years ago

Karyn Gerecitano - Does your Cove clean dishes really well? Which model do you have?

• Related Discussions

Which of these Bosch/Miele dishwashers will be best?

Q

Comments (16)
    I went to the Bosch web site and I can't find any of the 300 series models you mention so I am not sure what they offer. It's not easy to compare entry level models of one brand with with top of the line models or another brand but you can compare price. You didn't list any models in the 800 series but this is their top of the line so that should be good. You did mention Miele Advanta, and the Inspira. These are entry level Models. I don't care for the Advanta although I know folks do have them and like them. I don't care for it because it has a different drying system than all of the other models. They have passive condensation drying which just lets the dishes sit and dry by condensation. The rest of the Miele models use a fan to assist this process which I think helps things dry better. Only MY opinion! The Miele Optima is the mid point in the line and It offers more flexibility in cycles, energy saving features, and loading than the entry models.
    ...See More

Questions RE: Miele, Bosch & KA dishwashers

Q

Comments (25)
    Diamante Plus installed yesterday and I must say I am impressed, at least initially. Dishes were spotless with all default settings. A couple of questions at this time. With the hidden controls, do you actually have to power off the dishwasher, or will it turn off after a certain period of time? The installer suggested we try it without adding an water softener salt initally. Our water hardness is 10pbm, so not all that bad, but enough to not make our glasses perfect. Also, the installer did not install the heatshield. My husband told him that eventually we will be replacing our cabinetry & formica countertops but I am wondering if that was a mistake given we don't quite know when we will be doing the renovation. We know if do want to do one in the future though. I was so impressed with how quiet it is. It trumps the builder grade GE that we just got rid of by a mile!
    ...See More

Bosch Dishwasher Feedback & Concerns

Q

Comments (13)
    Data is what you've been getting above before your second post. Homeowners telling you that they use jetdry and their plastics come out damp (eandhl & paddy) to somewhat damp (lightly starched and then me). Effiemyrtle added her level on satisfaction on the dry plastics debate after your post. To this extent, this is all the data you're going to get in an anonymous, blind, unregulated forum, consequently, I still don't understand what you're hoping to get from your post. There are so many variables that govern drying performance - water conditions, jet-dry setting being just a couple of the variables. I will tell you that the majority of people who have reported being delighted with their european DWs are that way because they are taken with the fantastic WASHING performance as even quite messy dishes come out excellently clean. The quiet while doing so is the other big appeal. These are the two distinguishing characteristics. You're just not going to find people euphoric about the DWs drying results - we are all generally more than satisfied with that but we are thrilled with how reliably clean the DW turns up. Allow me to summarize what has been reported on this site on DWs: Most folks do use jetdry. Most folks for whom bone dry is a preference purchase domestic DW that does have a heated dry. Most folks with a bosch/miele/asko dw deal with the water that's left and don't find it too cumbersome. Some people really hate the dishwashers that they have bought (including the domestics GE, KA, WP etc.). ;-)
    ...See More

Bosch (10 year old) 44db Dishwasher vs Miele 40db - Worth it?

Q

Comments (9)
    On the G6745, half of the cutlery tray(your choice) can slide aside to allow tall items to poke up through where the cutlery tray was for cleaning. Miele was the company who came up with the ideaof this area for cleaning cutlery. We brought our dishes; 3 of each plates; 2 of each sized bowls, coffee mugs and different sized glasses, and placed them in the 40 series Asko, the Benchmark bosch, and the G6745/Dimension. We are presently awaiting the G6745, expecting next week. Our Optima died, and we're replacing it with another Miele; if the water inlet line was the still the same as our Optima, it would have made our picking a dishwasher more difficult.
    ...See More
  • Carolyn Jenkins
    2 years ago

Cbailey82 - Does your Cove clean dishes really well and which model did you get?

• Carolyn Jenkins
    2 years ago

Janet Campbell - Which Bosch model do you have?

• Karyn Gerecitano
    2 years ago

We have Cove model #DW2450WS. It's the model with the water softener. I think it cleans very well on the auto cycle, which is the only cycle I use besides the quick cycle periodically. It doesn't always do a perfect job, but I don't know if that's my fault (the way I arranged the dishes) or the machine's. It usually does a mediocre job on the quick cycle. I always find I have to re-wash select utensils and other items. I don't have any buyer's remorse.

• irisschwartz
    2 years ago

I have a cove dishwasher. i originally purchased in sept of 2020 and that one was replaced in july of 2021. No the drain pump isnt working get 800140 error code. repair man- who never opened the machine- said its because it is hooked up to johnson t drain- the drain reqired by state code. interestingly my previous dishwashers never had such an issue. don’t buy

• kaseki
    2 years ago

Under the International Plumbing Code, one can connect dishwasher drains to garbage disposals with an air gap (not needed for Miele because of a check valve) or to a standpipe (like one's washing machine typically uses). I use a standpipe because it can be made quieter than a garbage disposal interface. The Johnson T (https://www.buellinspections.com/johnson-tees-and-countertop-air-gap-devices/) is a fancy standpipe, but as one might discern from the linked article, needs proper care of the external vent. Note that the actual dishwasher hose can be hooked into the top of a nearby standpipe; the image at the link shows a somewhat restrictive path with sharp bends that will add back pressure to the dishwasher pump. Cove may not have designed for this level of restriction.

I have been interested in Cove since my Miele Optima's intake solenoid valve failed for the fourth time. The Cove will directly take my door overlay. None of my local appliance tech services will repair Miele appliances. However, for now, I have built my own solenoid valve scheme for the Optima so I haven't shelled out for Cove.

This thread suggests that the the more recent Coves have had fewer complaints than earlier, but this forum's historical pro and con reports are probably not statistically significant. The trend, however, is hopeful.

@irisschwartz: What is Cove's reaction to the Johnson T drain claim by your repair man?

• s_constantz
    2 years ago

My Miele Optima just died! It lasted about 13 years. I have owned 2 Bosch dishwashers previously, and have been much happier with them. You mention above that the Cove will take the Optima door panel/overlay! If true, I would definitely consider the Cove, especially since I’ve got Wolf/ Subzero appliances. Question is…are Cove dishwashers available for purchase NOW, considering the current supply chain issues?. Thanks for all of your input!

• drositano
    2 years ago

@s_constantz I’ve had mine on order awhile but in combination with a large wolf/subzero appliance order but you’ll have to check.

• kaseki
    2 years ago

@s_constantz For the door panel to fit, it is necessary to order the European width Cove version, not the slightly wider American width Cove version. Otherwise, I could not find any feature that would preclude transfer. Of course, the specific Miele ladder like attachment that provides tabs for the door retention mechanism will have to be replaced with whatever Cove has designed for the purpose. I believe that there are instructions for panel installation at the Cove web site that you could review.

If your MIele failed due to the intake valve issue, there is a thread here somewhere that addresses alternative solenoid valves that can be used to overcome the problem. The ones I recall involve a swap at the end of the hose where the existing solenoid valve is.

I was in a hurry and put into use a different type of valve I had on hand from Dayton (Grainger), and used a restriction valve in series to tune the 4 gpm [?] flow limit that is normally built into the OEM valve assembly. You might do something of the sort to hold on until your Cove arrives.

I have no information on ordering delays, but you might call Cove; they answer their phones with the same friendly voices as SubZero/Wolf.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

Unlikely any residential dishwasher's inlet valve nowadays has a 4 gallons-per-minute flow rate being that the amount of each fill is less than 2 gallons. A 2020 Frigidaire I serviced recently is 0.83 GPM, with fills timed at maximum of 87 seconds (1.2 gals).

• kaseki
    2 years ago

Sorry, should have been liters per minute.

• Karyn Gerecitano
    2 years ago

I'd like to update my post on the Cove dishwasher. Since the dishwasher was installed in early September 2020, authorized repair people have come to my house 6 times. Five of those times were to address malfunctions, while only one of those times was to address the heating element recall issue. Since initial installation, the display panel has been replaced 3 times, and this dishwasher is only 1.5 years old! While I still like how this dishwasher cleans on the auto cycle, you may want to think twice about buying it (unless maybe I just got a dud). The only reason I'm not completely mad about all the repairs is because its under a 6 year warranty, so they don't cost me anything. However, it is highly annoying to have to keep waiting around for repair people. If this malfunctions again, I'm going to request a totally new dishwasher.

• elizspradley
    last year

@kaseki THANK YOU for discussing the Miele vs Cove panel installation! My 15 yr Miele has had repair calls 9 out of the 15 years. Generally, it's the F13 drain intake, sometimes, it's the water pump. This time, the $500 water pump isn't worth the repair and aggravation. Miele doesn't have trained technicians in my area of FL. I am purchasing a COVE for 2 reasons-- the authorized repair company AND my custom door panel "should fit." I'm hoping the trained installers and the good warranty provide a few years of dishwasher bliss!

• kaseki
    last year

You are welcome. If I hadn't fixed my Miele intake hose issue with "retro" parts from a plant misting system, I would have gone with Cove in order to save the door panel, which might cost the difference.

At this writing, it is unclear what the status of Cove issues is. Not many owners report Cove good vs. bad here, and there still is no word on what was really wrong with the setup or design of the "defective" units. My working assumption is that if I have to buy one, I will do whatever I need to to accommodate its peculiarities, if any, in desirable water supply characteristics (if I can figure out what they are).

• earthlyepicure
    last year

I actually just decided against the Cove... and the Bosch. My sister loves Bosch's, my husband hates them. We decided on the Asko. One of my parent's Askos is about 18 years old and works just like it did the first day. The other is 11 years old and besides a panel issue (related to install... not related to Asko), it's running beautifully. They just put in another Asko downstairs a few years ago. Our two Mieles are nice, but we had a little issue with silver and the water when we first got it for one. I couldn't bear to cough up the $$ for the Miele when the Asko is high performing. I also considered Kitchen-Aid but went for the Asko as it matched better

• drositano
    last year

I hope thd asko are still the same. They are Chinese owned now abd no longer made in Sweden.

• HU-241611626
    last year

Cove dishwashers are crap. It took 5 deliveries (that is 5 actual units) to get one to actually work. Now, within 2 years, it's been repaired 3 times. This time it took 2 weeks to get an authorized repair company out to look at it and now it's going to be 3 - 4 weeks to get a part. We have called multiple times to get a staus and no one will return call. This is not a good product. It is poor quailty, has less than industry capacity and take 4 1/2 hours for a standard load and has vwery poor customer service. Poor engineering, poor quality and poor services. Do not but one of these. I'm replacing mine and going with a Bosch.

• dktboyle
    last year

We have had ongoing issues with white streaks, like a filmy residue left on our dishes using the Cove. If we don't rinse our dishes well, we find the food is not completely cleaned off. Ours was installed in a second home in late 2019, not used due to our choosing not to travel during the height of Covid, until Spring 2021. We have had techs here four times to address this. We have, at their suggestion, tried every cycle with every combination of drying options. We have had the RinseAid level adjusted. We have tried varying amounts of detergent, per the Cove tech's recommendations. We have left food on our dishes. We have rinsed our dishes ahead. Every different variation possible has been run here to see what works. We are in a hard water area but the water softener model was not recommended to us since we have a separate whole house water softener. We have had our water tested and it is A-okay. Just in case, we replaced our older water softener. We still have the same issues. We are now working with an assigned tech at Cove customer service. Our machine was one of the early deliveries, so it is possible they have addressed these issues. The techs and customer service to date could not have been nicer, but three years in, I still don't have a dishwasher that really cleans well. I would ask a lot of questions before buying this product again. We have had a Bosch for 14 years in our other home and have only had it serviced one time last summer when the handle broke. If we can't get this resolved, I will go back to Bosch.

• kaseki
    last year

@dktboyle Thank you for updating us. If Cove is expending this effort without success, it means that there is some issue still unresolved in their design, or maybe their design's ability to cope with some regulation on water use.

There are only so many things a dishwasher can do, and if all of them flush out the dirty water before rinsing, I can't see how the results can be different between Cove, Bosch, Miele, etc., when using the same water supply. For example, if there is something unique about your water and its interaction with rinse aid, then one would expect the result to be the same for each brand.

Did your parameter exercise include different rinse aids / different detergents?

A test where the water supply was a pressurized tank of distilled water could be instructive, run once for dirty dishes, and run once for clean dishes.

• drositano
    last year

See his post. His is an original machine, so it does not speak to whether the design has been changed.

• dktboyle
    last year

I believe ours is also an early machine. We purchased it in August 2019. We did not have this issue with the original Kitchen Aid that was in the house when we purchased it in 2015. The tech recommended a specific RinseAids and detergent, which we have used. We have not tried others. It is clear to us that this was not the first time the tech had seen this issue. The factory is sending us a water test strip, which should arrive this week. We will work with them on this. I do not believe it is the water. I will ask customer service about trying different RinseAids and detergents and may play around with that a bit. For the price, it shouldn't be this complicated.

• kaseki
    last year

I was unclear that 2019 was early in the Cove saga, but whatever they may have changed in later models should inform what they can do with the earlier models. If there is a significant difference they could save expenses by just replacing the unit.

Just to be ornery, I'm voting for the water.

• dktboyle
    last year

I will let you know the results once we get the test strip. We also have our water softener guy on standby to come by to test it at the same time.

• dktboyle
    last year

I also wonder why, if it is the water, this did not occur with our previous dishwasher.

• kaseki
    last year

Myriad other possibilities exist, but I would have thought by now that Cove would have dealt with them. For example, inadequate removal of wash water before rise water. This could be a function of how well the drain hose is cleared, or how level the machine is.

A report on one of the Cove threads here was by an owner with two machines, one of which worked "great" and one of which didn't. Eventually the one that didn't was fixed; there was reportedly an installation issue. But we never learned here just what the installation issue was.

• venmar
    last year

As a point of information or also to be a bit ornery-i think Miele DW are mechanically overly complicated-and the above Cove issues for some giving pause- a friend installed a Miele a few years ago, her brother a mid-level Bosch-being in Canada the Bosch came with a plug-in cord, not the short circuit prone crazy Bosch plastic junction box- and several years later both perfect dishwashing without any problems, Plug and P.lay. For myself the benefits of Fisher & Paykel Dish Drawers outweigh any possible negatives and will be what I replace my current F&P with when the time comes.

• dktboyle
    last year

Today's update -- Our water tested perfectly, so it is not the water itself. They are sending a "see-through" door to our local service techs and they will come and observe a full cycle through the door. Wolf in Wisconsin has been great but I do confess I am growing weary. I will let you know what they determine. I appreciate everyone's input here, especially the recommendations for alternative brands, should we decide to go that route.

• dadoes
    last year

There's no doubt that a video of the test run with the transparent door panel would be hugely appreciated by 1) people following this thread and 2) people considering purchase of a Cove dishwasher. Perhaps posted to YouTube ....

• kaseki
    last year

Ohhh, ohhh. A windowed DW door! Just the thing to entertain one's cute kids and/or pets. And perhaps showing less garbaage than alternatives.

• mcarroll16
    last year

OMG, a windowed DW door actually exists? We've all been waiting for that to be on the market since Jack Donaghy announced the idea at the end of 30 Rock. Seriously dismayed that this isn't an option on the market.

• dadoes
    last year

KitchenAid had a model several years ago with a window in the upper area of the door. It was darkly tinted so didn't reveal the action very clearly during operation, unless perhaps the interior light could be turned on while running.

One of my dad's uncles had a Chevrolet dealership. I recall being at their home once for a holiday gathering in the late 1960s. They had a dishwasher with a window in the door, probably a Frigidaire dealer/display model. General Motors owned Frigidaire until the late 1970s.

• Karyn Gerecitano
    last year

Here's an update on my Cove dishwasher. Last August, after owning the dishwasher for almost 2 years, I was in need of my 7th service call. Instead of calling service, I contacted Sub Zero directly. They agreed that I most likely had a dud of a dishwasher, and they offered to send me a new one free of charge. The new one was installed in September 2022, 2 years after the first one was installed. To-date (Feb 2023), we have not had ANY issues with it. I always use the auto cycle (mostly overnight), and with the occasional exception of seriously baked on food, it always cleans perfectly. So, although I had a rocky start with Cove, I believe in Sub Zero's customer service. It's one of the reasons we bought Cove instead of Miele. At this point, I would still recommend Cove as a good, high-end dishwasher. I'll try to remember to post again at the 1-year mark.

• dktboyle
    last year

Yes. I believe this is their next step. We too have all Wolf/Subzero appliances, due to their superior customer service. Everyone we have dealt with there has been excellent. Thank you for your update. It is morale-boosting.

• Andy Radlgruber
    last year
    last modified: last year

We have been using a Cove now for three months and I am not sure I like it as much as the price tag.

Two reasons.

First, it is inconsistent with its cleaning. We have had multiple cycles complete with some dishes almost untouched, yet everything else in the dishwasher was spotless. Maybe this is related to item number two.

Second is loading. Even though the tines are infintely adjustable we are struggling to find the right positions for the bottom two racks to work with our dishes. We dont put pots and pans in the DW, just plates, bowls, cups, silverware, etc. With the tines all up on the bottom rack you cannot put bowls down there. They're practically having to lay flat so you'll be limited to maybe 4 bowls. If you collapse every second tine them you can place bowls but they are perpendicular to the water stream and usually too close together to get cleaned properly, so you're back to leaving a space between them and back to maybe 4 bowls. Cove needs to stop bragging about infinite adjustability on the racks and tines if it really doesnt help.

We're struggling with these two issues so far but other than that the DW is great. Quiet, cleans well when it cleans everything, plenty of features though not simple to access some of them. Hopefully we dont end up with some of the other issues on this thread but we did get the 3 years Canadian warranty.

• elmamc
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

We purchased a Cove dishwasher a month ago and it just doesn't clean correctly. My old KitchenAid cleaned better. Like some other people, we also experience dishes and bowls completely unclean and then everything else in the diswasher is clean. It's weird. I have a service tech coming out this week to check on this. I can't beleive it's a month old and it's not working properly, but it sees like a design flaw becuase other people are having this problem. It also leaves stuff wet, like plastic. I think I should have gotten the Bosch with Crystal Dry. This dishwasher is not worth the high price.

**UPDATE: I had the service technician come out to look at the dishwasher and the wash arm wasn't working correctly so he replaced it. The dishwasher wasn't a month old and it already needed service! I think maybe it was defective right out of the door. Anyway, it is washing correctly now and we will see how it holds up. Oh, and also - the rubber gasket around the door had come off and he had to put it back on again. Not a good track record so far, Subzero!

• Andy Radlgruber
    9 months ago

elmamc, I think Cove did a poor design with the arrangement of their lower rack tines and or their lower spray arm. I have found that if the lower rack tines are all straight up, like in my second photo on the right side, the front right corner dishes will not come clean. If, however, you openthem up a little like I did on the left side, the sprayer can reach the area to do it's job. It might be easier for Cove to redesign their lower spray arm and ship out the new design to those having issues than to redesign the lower rack.

• Karyn Gerecitano
    7 months ago

It has been 1 year since Sub Zero replaced my defective Cove dishwasher (w/water softener), which had needed 7 service calls in the 2 years I had it. I'm happy to report that all has been well with the replacement Cove in the past year. No service calls or any problems at all. (Hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this.) Therefore, I still think Cove is a quality dishwasher, and I definitely think SubZero has good customer service.

• HU-870458178
    6 months ago

We have this model dishwasher, serial number 20033414 in our house. It was installed in April 2021. It does not have fingerprint resistant stainless steel, so it looks horrible most of the time. At the two-year mark the coating on the racks began to separate and rust is coming through. The hinges are low quality steel and are rusting. The main circuit board failed this year, and it took a month for them to ship the part. Shortly after that, it started failing again. They diagnosed the pump and pump censor as the issue. This time it took them three months to ship the parts. The dishwasher still did not work, and Cove concluded that the memory card failed because it was inactive so long. We are now awaiting that part. This is a terrible company and an awful, grossly overpriced product.

• HU-870458178
    6 months ago

We have this model dishwasher, serial number 20033414 in our house. It was installed in April 2021. It does not have fingerprint resistant stainless steel, so it looks horrible most of the time. At the two-year mark the coating on the racks began to separate and rust is coming through. The hinges are low quality steel and are rusting. The main circuit board failed this year, and it took a month for them to ship the part. Shortly after that, it started failing again. They diagnosed the pump and pump censor as the issue. This time it took them three months to ship the parts. The dishwasher still did not work, and Cove concluded that the memory card failed because it was inactive so long. We are now awaiting that part. This is a terrible company and an awful, grossly overpriced product.

• kaseki
    6 months ago

Looks like zinc corrosion on galvanized steel. Nice meaty part evidently subject to corrosive chemicals. In a 2700-buck dishwasher one would expect specification of a better material.

"... and Cove concluded that the memory card failed because it was inactive so long." In that case their shelves of spares are at risk. So either the claim was as specious as it seems, or they are claiming defective design. People who alternate residences between summer and winter should perhaps beware.

How disappointing.

• Andy Radlgruber
    6 months ago

Update on our issue with our Cove. It turns out that the lower spray arm was sticky when it was actually pressurized. If you reached in and just spun it, it felt fine, but remove it and pull up on the arm while turning it and it was tight. Reg the repair guy had them FedEx me a replacement within 24 hours and all is good. Have not seen such clean dishes since we fired it up.

• kaseki
    6 months ago

At last! A factoid that may apply to historical cases, or not. More examples from those with repaired units, if you know your problems cause, please.

• Andy Radlgruber
    5 months ago

Further update on this DW. LOVE IT!! It's now been over a week since the spray arm was replaced and I have to say I have absolutely zero concerns with the future of its performance. Even the slight streaks that we had, from what I am assuming was the rinse aid, have vanished with the better performance of the lower spray arm actually being able to properly wash AND rinse.

• JR
    5 months ago

On the market for Cove vs Bosch…having had good and bad luck with the latter. Helpful thread - appreciated. We shall try Cove…

• ljd1014
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

My Cove dishwasher, purchased & installed Nov 2020, is out of commission AGAIN! I've had to call for repairs several times over the past 3 years. Glad it has a full warranty for 5 years, however, it seems to break at the worst times, when I have guests staying at my house. I went into my kitchen remodel knowing that I wanted a Bosch dishwasher (had great experience) but was talked into the Cove, since I was also purchasing Wolf and Sub Zero products. The Cove is definitely not worth the money. ALSO..... anyone else have problems with the roll out bottom rack ALWAYS coming off track? I have two friends beginning kitchen remodels in the next few months. Both called me asking for feedback on my appliances. Told them both....DO NOT BUY THE COVE DISHWASHER

• lharroldblake
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

I have 2, 2 month old Cove dishwashers in a new kitchen installation and I am not happy with them. They have had 3 repair calls and still do not remove even the easiest of food. The cycles are 3hrs. long and glassware seems to be a big problem . Tiny food particles get deposited inside the glasses. The upper 3rd rack is too close to the second rack for many items and neither set of my flatware will fit between the tines. The basket on the inside ot the bottom door does not get flatware clean. Despite all the green adjustment knobs, a standard size dinner plate will only fit in the middle of the bottom rack leaving side spaces too small for anything else. Bowls and cooking dishes must be positioned flat on the bottom not on edge. As a result very few dishes are able to be cleaned. SubZero Wolf should be ashamed of the product.

• Pina Cassano
    last month

I am on a replaced unit as the first new Cove dishwasher didn’t wash dishes. My dishes were coming out the same way they were going in. After 4 service calls and no better results they replaced the washer. Unfortunately this new unit does the same thing. After a 3.25 hour wash the unit has debris on the bottom and a third of the dishes need to be rewashed. This brand was more than double the cost of a Miele and twice as bad. I can only compare it to a Miele bc that’s what I had before and I would never by the Cove again!!!

• kaseki
    last month

I have been watching this Cove debacle for a long time, hoping that a US manufactured dishwasher that would take my existing (Miele Optima) overlay door would be available when I needed it, and would be higher reliability. (In all fairness, the Optima reliability has become excellent since i replaced the feed water solenoid with my own parts.)

I wonder if the problem starts with being late to the dishwasher business such that the forest of existing patents is almost impossible to get around without paying a lot of royalties, or being very limited in design approach. Long in the business companies can trade patent rights for patent rights and keep royalty costs to a minimum.

At this point, given the price and history of issues, every delivered Cove dishwasher should have been factory tested under the water chemistry and dish soilage conditions (surely known by Cove) that most strongly correlate with the conditions present at the residences where complaints ultimately lead to dishwasher replacements. I don't see how the present situation maximizes cost containment, much less customer satisfaction.

• ljd1014
    last month

Update to my comment from 2 months ago..... Cove has replaced my original 2020 Cove dishwasher with a new, 2024 Cove dishwasher. Customer service was fantastic and when they saw the history of my original dishwasher, offered to replace it. New dishwasher was installed at the beginning of March 2024 and it's been great!

I would like to retract my earlier statement and strongly recommend the Cove dishwasher...this company backs up their products!