SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_824525096

Title: Efficient kitchen layout wanted

I am interested in receiving advice on how to lay out this kitchen efficiently. This is a new build. My wife enjoys baking, preserving and hosting guests. We have 3 young children that hopefully will enjoy helping in the kitchen eventually. We are uncertain as to where each appliance should go although we feel the fridge should be close to the entrance. My wife would like a tiny, somewhat enclosed pantry but we are not sure if this layout allows for that. That is why we have it around the corner in the mudroom area. Ideally she would like to use one for some storage and also some more noisy tasks like beating eggs, blending smoothies etc but this location makes that inconvenient. Any ideas on how to incorporate something more enclosed? I will include a couple photos of what we were thinking. We are considering doing the peninsula at table height for grabbing quick meals at, scooping dozens of cookies onto pans, letting bread rise on pans, doing homework, and for guests to pull up a chair while my wife works. So....ideas? Where should the double bowl sink go? By a window? Or is it better to place a range on the outside wall with a window on each side? We plan to buy a gas range. Is the coat closet in the corner convenient or is there something we are missing? We were hoping to eliminate at least the one tough spot by doing this.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor