SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_decaussinabbott

Help us design a more efficient kitchen PLEASE. - LONG NARROW KITCHEN

Amanda Abbott
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are just beginning our kitchen reno journey. We are headed out tomorrow to our first cabinet place to check them out.

I would ❤️ some ideas on how to best use this massive inefficient space!

1. We do not want to take out wall to dining room. We love separate eating space.
  2. Sink stays where it is.
  3. Strong preference on island (doesn't need to have seating)
  4. Absolutely no U-shaped.
  5. We will be doing a lot of work ourselves, (removal of bulkhead, demo etc.) but will hire for kitchen install, etc.
  6. Exterior entrance goes to large covered deck and pool area, thus leading us to think tile is best? We will remove flooring for sure. (we know there are at least 2 subfloors and we think 3 under tile).
  7. Tile goes throughout kitchen, powder room and foyer and landing to 2nd floor.
  8. Exterior door stays
  9. Would a banquette work in front of the window or on large blank wall or is that an awful idea? 😂
  10. Blank wall currently holds a buffet that we repurposed as a coffee station. New design needs room for some kind of coffee station.
  11. Family room as prefinished oak, living room and dining room has oak which goes different direction than FR floor.

I have included a blank floor plan as well as one of our current design.

Idea gathering post as we nail down our budget etc.

We appreciate any floor planning ideas you have! I feel like we are totally limited because of the large window and exterior door. (door stays).

Thank you so much.

Comments (42)