Cage Free Eggs used in mayonnaise

Sooz

I guess I never noticed this bit of "advertising" on the label of my fave mayo. It's made with cage free eggs! Wow, I never realized that once the eggs are laid and collected, some are put in cages!

Just trying for a bit of humor on a Friday!

Smiles,

Sooz

SaveComment16Like6
Comments (16)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plllog

LOL!

My favorite is the snack bars made with "real ingredients". :) As opposed to imaginary ones?

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Sooz
Sooz

Love it, plllog!

Aren't all eggs "cage free" ??

When the hens lay the eggs, were the eggs placed in wire cages so they couldn't run off?

1 Like Save    
CA Kate z9

I never thought of the wording that way. Sneaky marketers.

Save     Thanked by Sooz
colleenoz

I boggled at the product which said on the label, "Caution: Contents will be hot after heating."

No kidding.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Sooz
Sooz

Water

Caution: Wet

1 Like Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

So they're trying to jump on the ethical production bandwagon? 'Cage-free' means about as much as 'all natural', I think.

Sadly - or not - there will always be somebody in need of such (to us) 'no-duh' warnings - and the need for it as CYA, in case they try to sue the company.

The ones that make me chuckle are the beauty/body care items with 'gluten free' on the label.

The other thing that I find amusing - and often aggravating as well - is that it seems too many people don't ever bother reading warnings, directions, etc.

Save     Thanked by Sooz
M

My favorite is the snack bars made with "real ingredients". :) As opposed to imaginary ones?

I always imagine surreal ingredients, when I read this statement. It probably involves burning giraffes and melting clocks.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Sooz
plllog

OTOH, I like the Larabar slogan for the same idea. "Food made from food". It conveys the nonprocessed, nonchemical idea, and expressing it as a tautology is cute.

Save     Thanked by Sooz
bragu_DSM 5

spring water ...

really, when you compress a spring, water comes out?

Save     Thanked by Sooz
plllog

Um...yeah, that pretty much sums up how you get water out of a clogged up spring, but it helps if you remove the muck from the middle while you're compressing the sides. :)

Save     Thanked by Sooz
bragu_DSM 5

drain the swamp first ... but y'all gots the stinky muck left in the bottom with which to contend ...

Save     Thanked by Sooz
dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m

Saw this in one of the Whole Foods stores:

"Warning, whole olives may have pits!"

Seems WF have good liability lawyers.

dcarch

2 Likes Save    
CA Kate z9

Not long ago while in Whole Foods I over heard a woman complaining about getting a cracked tooth from a pit in an olive.... purchased at WF, of course. The clerk just looked at her and then said, " Olives have pits. Didn't you know that?" The customer didn't reply but went on her way. The clerk just shock her head and went back to work. I would guess the liability lawyers are needed.

I still think of this thread everytime I see the term "Cage Free" ;-))

1 Like Save     Thanked by Sooz
PRO
The Cook's Kitchen

Save     Thanked by Sooz
Sooz

I saw this same commercial tonight, touting cage free eggs! It's been a year since I've noticed it again.

Save    
colleenoz

In fairness, it’s easier than saying “made from eggs laid by hens not kept in cages”, because ethical treatment of animals is important to some people.

I always think “disabled toilet” is a poor choice because it implies the toilet has been disabled, and the concept of an “ambulant toilet“ is positively frightening!

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Pets Backyard Living: The Scoop on Chicken Coops
Perk up your morning with fresh eggs and chickadee clucks when you build a chicken coop in your own yard
Full Story
Most Popular How to Organize Your Kitchen Cabinets, One at a Time
Follow these steps to straighten up your kitchen cabinets and shelves so they’re a pleasure to use
Full Story
Gardening Guides Learn the Secret to Bigger and Better Roses
Grow beautiful roses using both ordinary and unusual soil amendments
Full Story