SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joseph_corlett

I Fired A Potential Customer This Morning

Dear Fred:

I don't think we're right for each other.

I had difficulty scheduling our initial appointment, but went out of my way to accommodate you. When I had difficulty finding your address, and you knew I was repeatedly trying to contact you by phone, you admitted that you took a call rather than call me back immediately. When you called me back and I suggested a mutual time, you wanted something earlier because you were going to be in Italy. You were unwilling to change your tennis date to accommodate my next accommodation of my schedule.

I am not a vinyl siding salesman. I do not run hundreds of leads hoping to get a sale. I run a very successful business and have a file cabinet full of grateful customers. You wouldn't dream of telling your lawyer you couldn't make the appointment he suggested for you in order to keep a tennis date. I am no less professional; my time no less valuable.

Normally in this situation I would make a referral to a competitor who may be a better fit, unfortunately I am unaware of anyone else locally that does what I do. I wish you the best.

Sincerely,

Joseph Corlett

CBC1259693

www.ihatemysink.

Comments (50)