SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angryrooster

Laundry Room/ Kitchenette sink size?

4 years ago

I am working on a reno for my mother in my home. She will have a wing of the house to herself. The idea is for her to have her own space and privacy. We will share meals sometimes but want a space that is all to herself for light meal, microwave heat ups, snacks at night, all at her fingertips without having to walk down to the main kitchen. We have a space that will primarily be a laundry room 7x11 she wants top loaders so the plan is to put them on the short length of the room and then we will include a 24" wide refrigerator/freezer and have a microwave in the space as well. The space will have lots of storage built in and I want to put in a laundry sink. Originally I was putting in a 24" wide sink as that is what was in the room we had before. But now I am thinking maybe I should go with a smaller sink because that side of the room will only have 48 - 54" of lineal cabinets to work with. I don't think half the space should be sink. I found Houzer CTR 1700 17" but it is referred to as a bar sink. The inside measurement of this sink will be 16" do you have any personal experience with this size sink? I would hate to have something that is difficult to work with and have water everywhere.

Also for a space this size being 7 feet wide I was going to use cabinets that are less deep on the opposite wall using 15" base cabinets to give more floor space. Do you think that is wise or should I just use 24" cabinets on both sides of the room leaving 3 feet of floor space. I don't want the room to feel claustrophobic, I know I am loading up the room a lot and pushing it to do double duty.

Comment