Have you found and bargains or deals lately? Hmmmmmmm..............?

nicole___

Yesterday, on CL. Free full length floor mirror add. I need one for my guest bedroom. He said he was moving out of state, his stuff was less than a year old. He was leaving in 3 days and his furniture hadn't sold. So it was FREE. I said, " I have a truck and can come right now".He said his email was blowing up with people wanting the mirror, he picked me because I had a truck! :0) I get there and he has a cute hand crank industrial look end table and a faux leather rocker, recliner. So I took ALL 3!

Note: The table I got has a cracked wooden top. Then a thick glass top over it. Legs are painted black.

Note: The chair I got had a major scuff on the left front. I used a brown magic marker to blend it back in.

Note: The mirror looked new

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have YOU found any deals or bargains lately?

SaveComment35Like14
Comments (35)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lgmd_gaz

Excellent on all three!!!!

1 Like Save     Thanked by nicole___
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Awesome finds! We went to the goodwill yesterday. I got a like new black leather tignanello purse for $12 there was a tan one exactly like it, I didn't get it. But I did get a beautiful Rolfs red leather concealed carry purse. I don't think it was ever used. Super soft leather it was $6. I also got a really cute little girl angel with a watering can. A garden angel. Cute with my plants.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

Nice, can't beat free!

A co-worker that used to work for Farmland and still has friends there got me a 50 lb. box of baby back rib slabs for $100. 16 slabs for about $6 each. Normal price would be about $175.

Taking about half of them to the lake this weekend for a Labor day BBQ bash!

georgysmom2

Nicole, you just live right!

3 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

She was 99c

4 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

4 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

My deal tastes better :-P

nicole___

LoneJack.......totally!!!! Great deal! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raven....love those purses! The angel is so sweeeeeet! (the black purse looks like "my" Coach I picked up a few months back, only yours was half what I paid! What a deal!)

Ya know....what I really need is a snow blower. :0) I just emailed 3 new listings and they're ALL sold.

3 Likes Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Excellent!!!

socks

I got a 3-tier shoe rack (metal and wood) for $10 and a little Hummel girl for $3 at Goodwill.,

Martha Scott

Went to an estate sale a couple of weeks ago and scored big time on cream soups that match my china. 8 of them plus saucers plus the silver tray and I got change back from my 4 twenties! Their shown on Replacements at $50 per and eBay is $35 to $45 per. I say I did really well. PLUS most of the set cost me all of $30 when I bought it originally (at an out of the way flea market in a little town sort of off the beaten path)!

7 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
seagrass_gw

Martha - I love cream soup cups and have quite a collection. Sadly, no venues to use them as I age and live remotely.

Save     Thanked by nicole___
cooper8828

I picked up quite a few quart perennials today at Lowe's for $1 each.

roxanna7

seagrass, I'd use those lovely bowls for anything - cereal, dessert - just to use them!

Save     Thanked by nicole___
ci_lantro

I bought a 9 tray Excaliber food dehydrator (very good condition) at a rummage sale for $5. Found two Robo Duck decoys for my son, $5 each and an older KitchenAid KFP600 food processor (made in France) in nearly new condition, $5. Must have been $5 Day at rummages. :-)

I've not been to rummage sales all summer and we stopped at less than a half dozen last Friday but was well satisfied with my scores!

dedtired

Nice mirror, Nicole. Shrubs were BOGO at the nursery, so I got two nice sized azaleas for the price of one.

Rose Pekelnicky

I got a Delta showerhead at the Salvation Army store for $4.99 yesterday, new in the box. I needed a new one for my downstairs bathroom

DawnInCal

Welllllll, I got my pink tool set for 50% off the other day...

Good job with the bargains, Nicole! Love the little table and that mirror was a great find. The chair looks like it's in new condition other than the scuff you took care of.

nicole___

I picked up this hand painted bowl, $3 today! It's microwave & oven safe, I plan on putting fruit in it. Also picked up 2 ceramic Kleenex box covers. $2 ea.

2 Likes Save    
greenshoekitty

No deals this time for me, but I love seeing and hearing all the great deals you all have gotten

Michael

Milorganite lawn fertilizer. WalMart warehouse. Slightly damaged. 14 bags @ $1 each. Fall lawn feeding time!

Marilyn_Sue

Milk was $.68 a gallon and chicken leg quarters were $.55 a pound, last week. I bought 30 pounds of them. I fried up ten pounds yesterday for our church meal today. Ten pounds amounted to 24 pieces.

Sue

adellabedella_usa

I found a Dooney and Bourke leather satchel and wallet for $25 at Goodwill.

carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

Hi all - I think the most recent scores were at Aldi. I got 2 folding camp/stadium chairs for $4.99 each (on clearance)

And nice pop-up hamper/laundry hamper for my son, for about $6 - here it is on Amazon for a bit more money:

https://www.amazon.com/Mainstay-%E4%B8%A6%E8%A1%8C%E8%BC%B8%E5%85%A5%E5%93%81-Two-Way-Pop-Up-Hamper/dp/B01N1ROCUK/ref=asc_df_B01N1ROCUK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198070680908&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11116408304243571221&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012130&hvtargid=pla-541752492912&psc=1

nicole___

My cute $2 tissue box holder.....now I need to buy a box of tissues that fits it! ha ha

1 Like Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Nicole looks like someone does not know how to spell. Unless it's from France? But still a little strange. Lol. Cute though.

nicole___

raven....EXACTLY! Hit my funny bone! Had to post. I wonder if anyone using that bathroom will comment? A tissue box with a French accent. lol

1 Like Save    
nicole___

@ Lowes, I found $3 day Lilies, 3-6 fans in a pot: Prairie Blue Eyes & Pardon Me

3 Likes Save    
DawnInCal

I picked up a t-shirt for $3.00 and a dress for $3.50 off the clearance rack at Kohl's today.

Pretty flowers, nicole!

lisa_fla

5 boxes of General Mills Fillows cereal that were $3 each at Neighborhood Walmart. Ibotta gave me $3 for each box so they were all free. I’m starting to collect things for Bahama donations. There are a lot of drives going on here.

skibby (zone 4 Vermont)

Gelato on sale at Shaw's. 3 for $10. I now have seven containers in my freezer. Happy days!

nicole___

Orange Sunblaze Rose $8

These are on opposite sides of the house. What a color clash that would be if I put them together!! :0)

Three...Double Red Knockout Roses $5-$13.50 Also from Lowes.

Picked up a few roses. May go back today when I'm out....see what else they have marked down.....:0) I'm starting a garden from scratch @ 7500'. It needs to be hardy.....and mulched in!

Save    
sheilajoyce_gw

Kind brand health bars at our Albertson's for 69 cents. Usually they are about $1.80.

functionthenlook

Pint size garden mums for 88 cents at Lowes over labor day weekend. They did double duty. I used them for table decorations at a party we had and then planted them in my garden.

2 brand new fall wreaths with tags still on for a dollar each at a garage sale. The orginal price was eighty dollars. Who pays eighty dollars for a wreath? I wouldn't.

nicole___

skibby....I purchased gelato today because of you. lol Vanilla with strawberry jam & graham crackers sprinkled over the top. We really liked it!

function....I would LOVE to find cool wreaths for a $1. WOW!

Great deals everyone! It feels good to keep the money in your pocket, not give it away!

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides 10 Tips for Scoring Deals at Estate Sales
An admitted estate sale junkie shares her secrets for finding treasures at bargain prices
Full Story
Patios Bargain Pieces Take a Sunny Outdoor Room High End
See how a design-savvy homeowner put discount furniture and big-box accessories together for a polished patio look
Full Story
Your First House You Can Turn That Into a Bathroom Vanity?
Find inspiration in 13 unconventional bathroom vanities that are as functional as the real deal
Full Story
Established in 2015 and located in Northern Virginia, Above Board Construction is founded by two friends who have... Read More
MW Construction performs all types of construction from design-build to general contracting to construction... Read More