SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
filth_og

Green Carpet Needs Your Help! :P

Mia og
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello Houzz fam! I am so excited to be posting my first thread here. I joined after reading a few different threads about others green carpet dilemma but am hoping I can get even more help for my specific look/layout. ALL feedback is appreciated because I honestly have no idea what I am doing... I am excited to be renting this space, but sadly the green carpet is just not my style and does have to stay so I have to work with it. My general style tends to be moderny-bohoy-glammy and am hoping I can update this space so it feels like home. Thank you for your help!

I would love some feedback on wall colors - this is my biggest issue just because I feel like the white walls, green carpet and brown fireplace just looks super dated. I would also love advice on types and colors of furniture. Throw me whatever you've got! I am like a decor sponge, I want to learn about it all. I also would like to mention that I do not want to cover this space with rugs. Maybe one area rug for under the coffee table, but generally I would like to do my best to keep this place rug free. This is mostly because I have two hairy dogs and rugs/carpet already hold on to so much pet smell.

Thank you everyone! I will update as I go along. Here are some photos -

The light from the doors/windows come in from the West. I hear that matters for pain colors? This area gets most of it's light later in the day and has a good amount of tree coverage so its not a lot of light.

Green Carpet · More Info

View from the right of the windows in the living room - front door is to the right where the light is coming in, you can see this better in the next picture. In this picture the left door goes to the kitchen the right hall goes to bathroom and bedrooms.

Green Carpet · More Info

View from doorway to the kitchen, looking into the living room.

View from the right of the living room. The left door goes to the kitchen the right hall goes to bathroom and bedrooms.

View from the hallway to the right (bathrooms/bedrooms), front door is to the left around the corner.

Comments (8)