what is a better way to word this...doctors note
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (23)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
Related Discussions
There's got to be a better way! in other words, Help!
Comments (21)I'm with Bob: "You can purchase aluminum or copper tags, that are used the same as Eloise's soda cans. They will come with either a piece of wire to attach directly to the plant, or thicker wire stakes, that you stick in the soil. I use the copper, staked in the soil. I put the name, date received and who I received it from on the tag. So far, I have only used this with potted plants. I may do the same when all these cuttings go in the ground. Bob" I have some that are 6 years old on my plumeria--stands every year in the hot Texas sun--I can still read them and look brand new!! It's all about 'impressing' the plant information on the tag. The tags stay on--mine survived IKE's wrath while under our covered patio. You can get them on EBay, do a seach on aluminum plant tags. Last time I bought a box of 50 for not that much $$. I wouldn't use anything else. For cuttings, I use a 'labeled' plastic knife until I know they are going to for sure make it, they get an aluminum tag when they have rooted and are potted up. Good Luck!! ~MJ...See MoreWhat's a good way to word a rental agreement for this situation?
Comments (8)Here is a Washington Post article (a Q&A, see the first question at the top) on this topic. It includes a guest clause, leaving the burden of proof on the tenant who has invited the guest and leaving sole discretion up to landlord whether they buy the story or not ;) I once had a young couple who allowed a friend to visit 'on vacation'. I went back about 5 weeks later to check on a leaky faucet and friend was still there. I had to talk with them to get him out (liability was a big concern, or him doing damage and not having supplied any share of damage deposit, etc.) Within a month I was hit with an even more frightening scenario. A different tenant at a different house allowed a buddy to stay there while 'separated' from his wife. I found out about it when I stopped in to check on a repair and found an exposed stud in the area of the repair had been scorched black. I got some insane story involving an argument with the wife, too much alcohol and a blow torch. (I informed the tenant that not only was his buddy not welcome as a guest and had to go immediately, I didn't want to see him anywhere on the premises ever and if tenant had an issue with that he was welcome to find other living arrangements for himself as well.) Since then I use this is my leases "The premises shall be used soley as a private residence and occupancy shall be limited to __________". On the line I type each person's name, including all adults and minor children (even part-time custody). That way if I notice a visitor or 'hanger on' for more than a typical 'couple weeks vacation' I can remind tenants they are violating the occupancy agreement portion of the lease by having a party not on the lease occupying the premises. Another reason to have such a clause is because someone who has 'stayed' at a residence for a certain number of days can legally be considered as 'residing' there. Therefore, without a clause in place, getting them out of the premises requires legal maneuvers if they refuse to leave. With a clause in place, often the tenant will extricate the extended stay guest themselves. Most tenants don't want to risk losing the roof over their own head....See MoreKA mixer better way to make my bread?
Comments (35)We bought this built-n Bosch mixer instead of the counter model. There is no danger of it walking away anywhere no matter how unbalanced a load you end up with. It was risky because the concept models are discontinued but not having to give up any counter or cabinet space for a bulky drive unit made it worthwhile. So far we are happy with it. It serves as a food processor (not a great one, it's on the small side and it doesn't autopulse like my old Braun multisystem, but it's okay) a slicer/grater/Julienner, a mixer, including a very heavy duty all-steel dough hook, a blender (superb performance out of that), and a stone grain mill. The pulser on the thing is kind of awkward, requiring you to twist the spring loaded knob to the left, and it only pulses to high speed, which can get messy when you are dealing with liquids, but overall, it works out great and saves me a lot of room in the cabinets. Again, this is discontinued and probably more for the appliance geek, but since you are posting on here all the time, asolo, I am thinking you ought to at least know about it....See MoreFiguring out a better way...
Comments (30)Tricia, I feel for you, having been there myself. That's why I also cook ''more than one'' and rely on my freezer heavily. It sounds like we've had some of the same issues, and do many of the same things; it's why I always want to work out a plan for any recipe I make, banking the results for future meals. After three leg surgeries (and one more to go), I am almost back to normal but the ingrained patterns are there to stay. I have to separate the energy for shopping, cooking and clean up, and when it works for me...opposed to feeding us when we're hungry. I'm so happy for you that you can scratch your legs again! Tami, I make Bierocks with a twice-risen potato bread dough. The last ones I made were the best EVER, so if you go to the beginning and look at my tips, they will be very good! I got 18 meal-sized, and 20 appetizer sized Bierocks from my last effort. Since they freeze so well, it's great to know we always have dinner, and with home-made bread! I bake mine first before freezing, and reheat them on a covered glass plate on the defrost cycle for 13-15 minutes. Since the defrost cycle is much more gentle heat, it keeps the texture of the bread from getting hard/chewy, and they literally taste freshly made....See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ CALLEver Found or Left a Note in the Wall the Way This Couple Did?
The remodeling couple whose note from previous homeowners went viral tell us about their fun find. What’s yours?
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPING11 Ways to Make Your Sleeping Porch Even Better
Turn off that air conditioner and tune in to the delights of slumbering in the nighttime breeze
Full Story
MOST POPULARThree Magic Words for a Clean Home and a Better Life
Not a natural tidying and organizing whiz? Take hope in one short phrase that can change your life forever
Full Story
COMMUNITY15 Ways to Make Your Neighborhood Better
Does your community lack ... well, a sense of community? Here's how to strengthen that neighborly spirit
Full Story
GARDENING FOR BUTTERFLIES3 Ways Native Plants Make Gardening So Much Better
You probably know about the lower maintenance. But native plants' other benefits go far beyond a little less watering and weeding
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGN12 Ways to Make Better Use of Yard Corners
Tap into your landscape's full potential with sculptures, seating, fire features and more
Full Story
LIFE10 Ways to Cope With Grief During the Holidays
If you are experiencing loss, take it from an experienced griever — life has changed forever, but it does get better
Full Story
MOST POPULAR7 Ways to Design Your Kitchen to Help You Lose Weight
In his new book, Slim by Design, eating-behavior expert Brian Wansink shows us how to get our kitchens working better
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESSpell It Out: Words of Inspiration for Your House
A favorite quote can enhance a room the way an inspiring idea engages your mind. Here’s how to add word power to your interiors
Full Story
EXTERIORS17 Ways to Increase Your Home's Curb Appeal
The word on the street? Homes with appealing front views can sell faster, lift moods and convey a warm welcome
Full Story
Olychick