SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Porch party menu revue

l pinkmountain
4 years ago

I'm having a porch party/open house in a few weeks and I'd like some help brainstorming the menu. The only thing for sure is that I want to haul out Mom's parfait glasses and make peach mousse parfaits. I'm thinking peach mousse layered with some fresh raspberries. Also do not want it to be really unhealthy with a lot of saturated fats, sugar, empty carbs, etc. But my friends are quite conservative in their tastes too.

So here's what I'm thinking so far:

Warm spinach artichoke dip with toasted pita and baguette slices for an appetizer. I make my dip lower in fat by subbing some mashed white limas for some of the cheese. Some of my friends are not going to like this, so maybe corn chips and guac or just salsa too.

Wine with various flavored soda waters and citrus fruit for folks who want to make sangria, with maybe a flavored vodka if folks want a little more kick. I can also do iced tea or just various chilled soda pop for non drinkers. Maybe some beer too.

Paella and maybe tortellini salad for the main dishes. Another option would be a cold chicken salad. The meal is already getting too dairy heavy for me . . . Maybe that southwestern black bean salad too.

Chopped salad with tomatoes, cukes, etc. marinated in Italian dressing and served over lettuce. Maybe a crudite platter with ranch dressing dip, for folks who don't like marinade. (My friends do not have adventurous palates!!)

Aforementioned peach mousse for dessert.

I want this to be buffet style where folks can eat as little or much as they want.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!