SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rorycn

How do you handle certain situations??

Rory (Zone 6b)
4 years ago

If someone that you have never met before was coming to your house and had a broken arm - would you ask about it?

If someone that you have never met before was coming to your house and was using a cane or crutches - would you ask about it?

If someone that you have never met before was coming to your house and had a black eye - would you ask about it?

If someone that you have never met before was coming to your house and had leg braces - would you ask about it?

If someone that you have never met before was coming to your house and was in a wheel chair - would you ask about it?

I once had eye surgery and was very bruised. I waited until I was mostly healed before going in public but it was still bruised. I saw a person that I knew but not she did not know that I had had surgery. She could not look me in the eye and was very uncomfortable talking to me. She did not ask about my eye but immediately called a mutual friend to ask about me. If I had stitches or a cast or a sling I know she would have asked me what happened. The bruised eye made her uncomfortable but if it were a bruised arm or leg she probably would have asked about it even though it could have happen in a violent way also (which is I guess what she assumed).

If you don't ask someone about something that is so obvious it is reflection on your level of comfort or is it just plain rude to inquire?

There is a person that I know and talk to when we are at the same events. This person is missing the lower portion of an arm. I have never asked about their arm but I feel I should sometimes. Not only because I am interested but because it seems like by not asking I am showing that I am uncomfortable about their difference - but I am not.

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH