SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggiepie11_gw

how to handle this window treatment situation...

maggiepie11
10 years ago

my first purchase for our new house months and months ago, i think before the framing even started, was 2 pair of window treatments that I had in my daughter's nursery in our last house. i loved them and used them as inspiration for our new living room on the windows flanking our fireplace.

however, the fireplace was framed out wider than planned, and now i have a VERY narrow space between the window and the fireplace. i don't want to block a lot of light, and these curtain panels are quite full.

some initial thoughts -

1) hang all 4 panels and somehow restrict the fullness by an invisible tieback (thread or something?) other tricks?

2) hang only 2 panels - one on each outer edge of the window. and if i do that, would i use a full length rod?

3) cut the window panels in half and re-hem to reduce the fullness and hang all 4.

4) hang a full panel on each window covering the window and use a tieback for the swoop effect. i'm not really a swooper but wanted to throw it out there.

any other suggestions? what do you recommend? i love these curtains and am sad they're not working out to my original plan.

here's a pic of the windows and fireplace: not a great pic, but there's plenty of room on the outer window wall, it's just inside by the fireplace edges.

here's a pic of the same curtains we had in our last house.
{{!gwi}}

Comments (28)