SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gthigpen

Window treatment for nook windows (kind of unusual/tricky situation)

gthigpen
6 years ago

We recently moved into a new house. It's not quite finished but livable for now. Most rooms still need paint and other cosmetic stuff.

We have three bedrooms upstairs that all have nooks ~ 7' wide by 6' deep. Each have three windows....one large center and two smaller side windows. The large center window (36"x60") is an operable double hung and the smaller windows (18"x32") are fixed. The nook is in a dormer that has a slanted roofline at the sides.

I need window treatments for these. Since they are bedrooms they need to be for privacy and light filtering (but blackout is not necessary). One is an infrequently used guest bedroom, so the window treatments would be open most of the time, but the other two are my daughter's bedrooms and will be open and closed frequently.

A curtain rod won't extend far enough to the sides for a curtain/drape to hang down to completely cover the side windows. I could do individual shades, but not sure if those would look weird on the smaller windows since they are so small/narrow.

Ignore the only primed walls and the stuff placed here. During the move, it was stuff that was plopped here and hasn't found it's forever home yet. This is the guest room and my mom is coming to visit in a couple of weeks and I want to give her some privacy. My daughter's rooms currently have sheets thumb-tacked on their windows! :)

Any ideas?

Comments (11)