SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maitals

a second grid photo gallery wall over fireplace?

M S
4 years ago

Our house was flipped by the prior owner. There are a few things they didn’t change in the remodel, one of them being the fireplace. Even though I am going for neutral tones, there is something about the beige color of the stone and the stone of the fireplace and mantle that I dislike. So, I have been thinking of how to makeover the fireplace. Also, separately, I have been wanting to hang a second gallery wall to display smaller photos of friends and extended family. I prefer to hang them rather than clutter up a counter top with frames. We already have a large grid style photo gallery wall (pictures of our immediate family) in the kitchen which is open to the living room. I am thinking of knocking out the stone on the fireplace and just painting the wall above the same color as the rest of the room and hanging a smaller scale square frame grid style photo gallery above the fireplace with brushed nickle frames.

What do you think about having 2 gallery walls in the same open concept kitchen/family room? My personal feeling is it actually will have a nice balance as there will be galleries on the left and right walls and they are technically in different rooms. I also like the idea of lots of photos in this space since it is our “family space.”

I just don’t want if to be overkill on the gallery walls - I just love them haha!

I have seen lots of grid style galleries on Pinterest but never above a fireplace.

All thoughts welcome.

Thanks!

Comment (1)