SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auroraborelis

Fireplaces, corner or the TV over the fireplace?

auroraborelis
11 years ago

We are building a very contemporary open floor plan home (link to the thread discussing my floor plan is below).

Up until now we have been resigned to having the TV over the fireplace, however we are starting to consider putting it in the corner.

Here are some photos of the type of fireplace/tv setup we are considering. With most of these we would lower the fireplace somewhat and inset the tv into the wall.

Contemporary Family Room design by Toronto Fireplace CF + D custom fireplace design

Contemporary Family Room design by Chicago Interior Designer Michael Abrams Limited

This one is a bit to long, but we do like the landscape design of it:

Contemporary Living Room design by Tampa Interior Designer Studio M

At first I thought this was an awful idea to put it in the corner, however I'm thinking about it a bit more seriously, though I'm having trouble finding many inspiration photos.

Our room has windows along the wall next to the fireplace as in this first more contemporary example. This first photo is actually the only example of a contemporary styled room with a corner fireplace. Maybe that is telling me there is a reason this shouldn't be done? :)

Contemporary Family Room design by Chicago Media And Blogs Jiye Lee, Pearls and Green Tea

Too traditional a room for us, but for ideas:

Contemporary Family Room design by San Diego Interior Designer James Patrick Walters

Modern Family Room design

Traditional Family Room design by Portland Architect 2fORM Architecture

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to thread discussing our floor plan

Comments (12)