SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buttoni_8b

Fox sighting This Morning!

buttoni_8b
4 years ago

We have seen one grey fox in the city in the 17 years we have lived here. But today, we drove down to our country cabin property so I could water plants (been 10 days since they had a drink) and as we drove into the property on the 1 km. access lane (our place is set back way off the road), a red fox popped up out of the tall grass right in front of the care and proceeded to walk in the tire ruts in front the car for maybe 1000+ feet. We got a real good look at him as we inched our way to the cabin. That's a first! Now I know why the 8" fairly deep hole is excavated (3 times now) underneath the cabin's front veranda steps. We have a little "boarder" living under there. Because we have seen Copperhead snakes a few times on the property, I never let my dog off-lead down there, so I guess a fox is a lot less dangerous than Copperheads. Maybe the fox will be better at catching the gopher and mole that are digging the other holes and tunnels in the yard than the Copperheads or owls h ave done to date.

We also saw not 1 but 2 roadrunners this morning doing what they do best, running across the road in front of our car as we drove in and again saw one as we drove out. We have seen them here in the city on the roof of our last house, but they rarely fly/elevate like that. Usually see them scurry across streets and country roads. Funny looking birds indeed. (not my photo below)

Comments (2)