SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daguvanuh

Agonizing sight this morning

daguvanuh
13 years ago

Went to city leaf deposit area this morning, got a dump-truck load (free) of 5 year old compacted, packed and wet leaves for a guy who was giving this to his gardener mother for Christmas. Same stuff you can see on any of my pictures. Disclaimer, Yea I charged him 65 bucks for the haul fee.

While there getting loaded the 3 city trucks and trailers were loading this years vacuumed bulk pile of leave for a trip to the county landfill.....where they pay to have them put in. You with me on this I hope.

Last night I posted on the Readers Digest contest for a city grant for a project somewhere award a potential need for our city.... see below I hope. All the other supporters were plugging for a restoration of an old theatre in town. Costing millions, and appealling to the affuant the theatre could not get a toilet door for the $40K award.... the Composting center I proposed would nearly fund its equipment cost and still save the city $25K in landfill fees per year...... May have to go to page 2 to find my proposed entry..

Kinda depressing, yesterday contest then todays hauling it off..

Here is a link that might be useful: Contest for needed city project

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022