SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellyrl

Need Tips for Choosing Paint Color before New Lighting is Installed

Kelly Lemay
4 years ago

I am almost finished with all my decision making on my 2 bathroom remodels. The last big one is the paint color for our small hall bath. I want a pale blue color, and I know blues can be tricky so I want to get it right. The problem is that it is a small bathroom with no natural light and the lighting will be changing from incandescent to an integrated LED bath bar. I don't have that kind of light anywhere in my house right now, the closest would probably be LED bulbs in the dining room light fixture or LED canned lights in various places. But, again, this will be in a small space with no natural light. I need to decided soon and I absolutely can't wait until the light goes in (I'll spare you the reasons why). So my general questions are:

How would the LED light in the bathroom change the color from the current incandescent lights? Would it look less saturated and more washed out?

What can I do to maybe mimic the lighting I should expect in the bathroom or what other process could I use to help me decide?

Normally I really take my time with paint colors, buy samples, and look at them on the wall at all times of the day for a few days. But with this lighting issue I'm not quite sure what to do.

Thanks!

Comments (7)