SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Paint before hardwood floors are installed or after- paint color?

susanlynn2012
14 years ago

I will cross paint this to the decorating forum also. I need pictures but I can't find my software to download the pictures from my camera since I had to buy a new hard drive.

The painter from 2 years ago never painted behind my home office 42" wide 5-drawer putty cabinets and also painted around books (I did not realize he did this since I helped him move a 4-drawer 42" file cabinet after we emptied the drawers and he told me his helper would be there soon to move the others with him. The time I came back from my client, he told me his helper had left and he was just painting in other areas of the room) and missed some hidden walls and trim. My prior paint color was an off-white whiter than the BM Linen White color now. I have bright white gloss trim and a flat white ceiling.

Would it hurt the wood to paint and air out the room with windows open before installing or should I put off painting for another time? It would be so much easier to paint with the cabinets out of the room.

I would like a paint color a little bit warmer than the Linen White now that I am getting Brazilian Cherry floors. Any suggestions? In my family room and kitchen that flow into this room blocked by file cabinets, I have a beautiful BM Bone white that appears to be a creamy light tan. Would that work or would it be too dark in a room with no overhead lights but now I have four 400 watt day-light fluorescent touchier lamps in the room. Only one side of the room has windows that I only lower the tops and open the bottoms of the double honeycomb blinds. The long combined 2 room home office cherry furniture and putty cabinets. The adjoining family room has a taupe sofa and recliner and glass tables with cherry legs. This family room has a wall of windows with sheer champagne color horizontal blinds that I also keep closed most of the time since enough light comes in.

Comments (12)