SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bardzil

Help - need wall paint color for whole house

bardzil
4 years ago

I have chosen BM Simply White for cabinets, trim and ceilings in my new house. I also was planning to paint my walls Simply White in most of the living areas (eggshell on walls and satin on woodwork). However, Simply White is looking very cream - almost yellow - in my west facing light on the walls. I have only painted the walls of one room so far. The trim looks ok (looks whiter - maybe due to the satin finish) but the color is too warm on the walls in the afternoon light.

I cant change the trim and cabinet color but I can change the wall color. My kitchen / great room is also south and west facing so I think I will have the same issue with Simply White in there.

I really want a light, neutral house with very light walls. I am considering trying another wall color. What are your thoughts on these options?

SW Eider White

SW Incredible White

SW oyster white

BM Classic Gray

Dunn Edwards Droplets

any thoughts on the above colors or any other suggestions? This color will be throughout the house as a whole house color.

Also, it is possible the brown and red paper the workers put on the floor and the film on the huge glass French doors in the master may be making the Simply White look yellow. Maybe it will look just white once those are removed? Everyone seems to recommend simply white so I am shocked it looks so yellow in my house.

thanks!

Comment (1)