SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmb2476

Help! SW Pure White looks dirty next to current trim.

kmb2476
4 years ago

Hi everyone! I am currently remodeling an 1960s ranch style home. I would like to paint the interior of the entire home (ceilings and walls) in a true white. I don't like yellow/beige, but at the same time I don't want it to be too sterile or hospital like. So I want a bit of warmth. In my kitchen, the new cabinets will be a grey and my countertops will be Perla Venata Quartzite. The backsplash will be Bedrosians Cloe in white. I don't know the cabinet color because it is through our contractor and he does not know. I also cannot paint the trim or doors because it is not in the budget. We are trying to stick with SW for the paint. I thought I had found "the" color (SW Pure White), but when I painted it on the current trim, it looked dingey and dirty. I don't know what the current trim paint color is. However, when I tested SW Extra White on our trim, it looked the exact same. I like SW Extra White, but I am afraid of it being too sterile. Any thoughts and advice would be great. We are planning to put recessed LED can lights at 3,000 temp throughout the house. The floors are all wood (in between light and dark). Any feedback would be much appreciated! TIA!

Comments (6)