SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_944186815

Seeking the perfect desk chair for kitchen

AJCN
4 years ago

Hello, we remodeled our kitchen and family room about 5 years ago. I love everything except that I never got around to replacing the chair that is at the kitchen desk area. I know kitchen desks are not favored these days, but it is a heavily used area for homework since we don't let the kids have computers in their rooms. So here's the area, and the desk chair that I don't like. My favorite colors are blue and orange, with natural/oatmeal, and wood mixed in. Our wall paint color is SW Monorail Silver. Our kitchen table is an old Lane trestle table with rushed chairs. I made seat cushions with linen and velvet fabric in a neutral and orange pattern. Our counter stools are black and brushed stainless with no backs, and they practically disappear against the black island which is what I wanted.

What style of desk chair should I get? I am having trouble finding anything I like. I don't want it to stick out like a sore thumb, but I would like it to be somewhat interesting-looking. I have extra fabric from my seat cushions so if I should repeat that on the desk chair I can, or it can have no cushion at all. No one is ever sitting there for hours on end, so it doesn't have to be eronomic to the max like a real office chair.

This picture was taken right after the remodel which is why there's nothing in the glass cabs yet. Since then, the glass cabinets are filled with orange pottery pasta bowls and plates and other colorful pottery and glass dishes.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Comments (11)