SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jetset2000

handyman rate to change ceiling fan, light fixtures, door, toilet?

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I just bought a house last year, built in the very early 90s. I decided to hold off on some work that needed to be done in and outside the house until now.

I’m looking to get the following done:

-replace a chandelier and install ceiling fan on that ceiling

-replace(9) old flush mount light fixtures with new ones (i don’t like the old flush months that came with the house)

-change 2 hallway wall light fixtures

-change out 2 old toilets

-fix 2 exterior wood trims and change/fix the doors and place weather sealing around the trim or whatever the recommendation are.

I’m looking to hire a general handyman to do the above work and will be trying to get estimates sometime this week or next week.

I don’t know what the going rate is for the above work, if someone can help shed the light on what to expect, it is much appreciated so that way I will know what to expect as far as what the fair/right prices are or ballpark range are for the above work.

any other advice and tips is appreciated. i've attached some of the pictures here of what I'm looking to change.

i want to replace the above hanging light fixture with a flush mount light

the same thing with the above dining hanging table light, i want to replace it and put either a flushmount or semi-flush mount light that's bright and more modern looking.

this is one of old flushmount light fixtures i want to update and change to something more modern looking

this is one of old flushmount light fixtures i want to update and change to something more modern looking

exterior wall light fixture, want to change it out

this is the exterior door which houses the water heater hence the vent. the trim, hinges, and even the door looks like its been water damaged from the rain. so i wanna get that fixed and add weather sealing strips.

this is the side trim door which leads to the garage. the bottom of the door has deformity rom rain damage and heat.

side door which leads to the garage. so does the trim need to be replaced or repainted?

Comments (6)