SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Why not to clean the top of the ceiling light

I go to bed around midnight last night...up at 3...back to bed at 5, up at 6 to use the bathroom....the ceiling light 'pops' out (there are 2 bulbs in it and one had been out for awhile). No problem, leave the door open as the toilet and shower are separate from the sink and closet area and it's off the bedroom. 9am I get up and DH leaves to take DGD to her 3 hour dentist appt. I can do this, I've changed those light bulbs before. Get the kitchen step-stool which takes me 2 feet off the floor (remember I'm 4'10"). Get the big round glass thing off, down the step-stool, get back up to take the burned out bulbs out, back down and get the new bulbs, back up and put them in, back down to get the round glass thing/cover. Get it back on and in doing so feel all the dust and grime from however many years it's been since I cleaned up there. So, back down to get a cleaning rag, back up and starting to wipe it off with dust things falling in my hair etc and I'm yucking away (I am not a morning person!). So I'm reaching and stretching holding onto the light fixture and thinking, why am I doing this? There is nobody in my family 8' tall! So, figure I'd done enough. While holding onto the light fixture, and trying to find the step down, the thing falls out of the ceiling and is hanging there by the wires! No problem, DH can fix that when he gets home and I'll hold the flashlight for him. So, I took the glass round cover back off (was really proud of myself for thinking of doing it for DH) and was out the door. Oh, maybe I'll close the door so the AC will have it all nice and cool in there for him (proud of me again). I grab the door handle and pulling the door closed behind me, I hear a thunk, clammer, clink......yep, I hit the hanging by the wires ceiling fixture. I think it's ok....I didn't hear anything hit the floor but I'm not going back in to find out!

Soooooo, how did your day start?

Sharon

Comments (10)