3 months today will be Oct. 16

Jasdip

Nope the date doesn't mean anything, just wanted to tell everyone. LOL Summer is flying by.

I was in Costco today and the tables were loaded with snowsuits, the winter gloves are out, etc. Geez, they don't even wait till August anymore to put out the winter duds.

I noticed that as well in other stores in the past week or so.... sweatshirts, fall jackets etc.

SaveComment21Like
Comments (21)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
OklaMoni

It will be one day before my younger daughters 43rd birthday!

1 Like Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

What?? Fall and winter clothes? oh man. I saw school supplies, they used to at least wait until August but I guess some schools start in August now.

Save    
pudgeder

Hard to get in the mood to buy for Fall/Winter anything when it's 100F outside.

3 Likes Save    
maifleur01

Since I wear mens sweat pants around the house and to garden I have been wondering when they would be in. Men's have pockets where women's do not. Mens at wally world are also about $3 less than the womens. Most of mine are nubby on the inside. If you hold them up to the light it will shine through. I need to check the sizes of the two pair I purchased last year. One was too big the other one was too small for my comfort zone.

1 Like Save    
dedtired

I’m still looking for some new summer tops.

3 Likes Save    
functionthenlook

Maifleur, I also only buy men's sweats to wear around the house in the winter. I am taller and the womens are too short in the legs, trunk and arms. Lately I have been able to find pretty colors instead of the usual dark colors.

I was in walmart grocery shopping today. I noticed their summer stuff was marked down, but didn't look if their winter stuff was in yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Our schools start the 3rd week of August. As soon as school starts the halloween stuff comes out in the stores.

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

Some of our schools start the second week of August but for some reason go two days then are off for four regular school days.

I am badly in need of tops. I have enough+ to wear around the house but not enough to wear out. I have looked several times in lots of places and can only hope the lighter weight fall tops are in better colors than the ones I have seen. Most have appeared to have been colored then dipped in a thin coat of black.

1 Like Save    
arcy_gw

I heard my first back to school radio advertisement yesterday--Target and I saw last week the transitioning beginning from garden to back to school. I am NOT READY!!

Save    
sprtphntc7a

i am ready for cooler temps, going to feel like 100 degrees here rest of week....not ready for increase traffic with everyone back from vacations

saw 1st Staples commercial last night, we do have some schools that start the week before Labor Day....

TJ maxx has clearance section of summer clothes.... but they still have summer clothes out !? i am sure the Fall items will be out shortly.

right after 4th of July, summer stuff everywhere starts to get marked down...

Save    
eld6161

I do my online shopping mostly at Loft. They still are showing summer wear.

Save    
amylou321

I am so ready for fall I could scream. I really dislike summer. The heat, humidity,bugs, ugh. I love fall and winter and the holidays that come with them. Fall SMELLS so good to me if that makes sense. The air just smells different.

Unfortunately, on October 16th it will likely still be hot and humid here. :( It MAY just be starting to cool down.....

1 Like Save    
nicole___

Add my name to the mens sweat pants list! Better made, longer & cost less! I like Ecko, with the cute Rhino on the leg

When we had the miller moths come through, 4 weeks ago....my cat ate a bunch...got sick...throwing up "and" diarrhea all over for 24 hours. It was awful! Goodbye Summer!

Save    
maifleur01

I looked last night at my local school district and they start on August 14. On the calendar they list something I have no idea what it means. They have what is called A & B days that alternate. Perhaps there are teachers on here that can state what it means.

In this state the first weekend is a school tax holiday and I think but could be wrong school clothing is also tax exempt. Putting out winter clothing of all sizes given how big some students are could provide a good savings especially for things like winter coats that can be expensive. Here our base in most areas is 7%.

Save    
terilyn

School starts August 20th here. My friend in TN said theirs starts August 1st. AB days mean you have certain classes on A days and other classes on B days. I know they used to alternate weeks for the fifth day.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Using letters for daily schedules is also used when a school has periodic early release short days for staff meetings, training, or whatever. Or for late start days for the same reasons. Inconsistent or varying starting and ending times for school days can be challenging for working parents to deal with. Especially with multiple kids in different schools with inconsistent daily schedules.

2 Likes Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

MY BF who is a retired teacher used to bemoan the decision to begin the school year so early, because her classroom was so hot. There was no AC and the students couldn't concentrate.

Which makes me wonder, do schools have AC now? I'm sure the new buildings do.

Save    
joann_fl

Dollar General already has Halloween stuff ready to go out.

Save    
cat_ky

I also saw a few boxes sitting with Christmas stuff in them at our Dollar General. So far, none on the shelves, but, its coming.

Save    
DawnInCal

It's pretty much impossible to find a bathing suit now. All that's left are the oddballs that didn't sell earlier in the year because they are poorly designed, don't fit, weird color, etc.

I love fall, especially the relief it brings from the heat, but we are having a very pleasant and mild summer this year. August is on the horizon, so it may heat up then as it is usually a miserable month. We'll be over on the coast for the month; whatever August decides to throw at my area weather wise won't bother me because I won't be here!

Save    
Jasdip

This has been a hot July for us. Since I'm not a lover of summer anyway, I can't wait for fall. The meteorologist on last nite's news said that we're in the hottest part of the summer, carrying thru to next week, and it should be more comfortable after that. I hope August is cooler. It's going to feel like 43C with the humidity tomorrow, which is 109F

Save    
maifleur01

For my mental health I try and focus on the real temperature rather than the heat index. I find when I do that although I am no cooler my mind tells me that the temperatures are not that high. I look at my local NWS site on FB and there are people who think that the heat index temps are the real thing. Next couple of days we are supposed to have real temps of around 100 for the first time this year. Earlier there was one day in early June that was 99 but it was one of those days with a nice breeze that made your skin feel cooler.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Budgeting Your Project Kitchen Remodel Costs: 3 Budgets, 3 Kitchens
What you can expect from a kitchen remodel with a budget from $20,000 to $100,000
Full Story
Design Details 3 Ways LED Lights Are Better Than Ever
See how improved technology has made LED lightbulbs smaller, brighter and more colorful
Full Story
Healthy Home 16 Ideas for a Healthy, Feel-Good Home
Making these small tweaks and bigger shifts at home can help you thrive everywhere you go
Full Story