SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katyajini

Sad, Let go of Ispahan? help me find something new.....

katyajini
4 years ago

I have Ispahan a long long time. When I got it I knew even less about roses and heard this was a most fragrant rose. And that's what I wanted. Ispahan is at the entrance to my vegetable patch and whenever I plant vegetables in spring I just bask in that fragrance. The scent just fills the whole yard. Really good memories. And this rose is absolutely trouble free. Stays healthy and blooming even with complete neglect. Every year that I have been in my yard in spring I have had joy from Ispahan. I did not know about repeat blooming or diseases or fertilizing and I enjoyed this plant in my innocence.

I don't know if I am ready to remove it. I kind of feel like a betrayer.

I know this is sacrilege and I am being ungrateful, but this 7 feet rose bush blooms only once. Uh! Rest of the year this bush just keeps getting bigger.

Now diving in to the rose world, there is so much to choose from, Maybe too many choices. Its hard to let myself think this but maybe I want a rose with outstanding fragrance and blooming most of the season in that spot?

So I am asking if you had to suggest just one rose (or two, there is room for two) that I can put in that entryway that by anyone's measure has over the top fragrance and blooms through out the season what would that be? If you have smelled Ispahan a comparison would be very helpful.

I am very particular to fragrance and that entry way is special. The vegetable garden is my secret garden.

Color is not that important. I just dont like red roses and prefer the look of OGR. Other than that I am open.

Thanks!

Comments (32)