Forensic Files (Netflix)

Debby

Does anyone else love watching true crime shows, such as Forensic Files? My husband insists I watch them so I'll learn how to get away with murdering him one day. LOL I have to remind him that at the end of every show, they tell you how their suspect was caught with often times, the tiniest piece of forensic evidence.

We are watching the 7th season right now. Netflix only has 9 seasons on, there are more than that so I hope they start loading them soon because I don't know what I'll be hooked on after that....

There are times when some evidence is found and I'll say, "what a moron? Who hides blood evidence in their own backyard garbage can???" Come to think of it, maybe the husband is right........ hahaha

SaveComment14Like2
Comments (14)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marilyn_Sue

Yes, I too like watching them, but I watch them for free on television on antenna television. I watch every night when I go to bed. I have two channels with similar programing.

Sue

Save    
Uptown Gal

Are these the old ones that used to be on TLC? They are rerun on a couple

of channels that I get too. And, someone told me they are all available on

Youtube...but I haven't checked that out. Been awhile since I watched any.

Thanks for the reminder. ;)

1 Like Save    
maire_cate

DH and I have been watching Forensic Files - yes they are the older ones but still interesting.

Save    
Suzieque

Yup - we really like Forensic Files. Although sometimes the narrator's voice and tone annoys me.

Save    
Lukki Irish

I’ve been hooked on any reality show that is related to forensics or investigations for a while. My DH thought it was morbid and I was nuts until he saw how interesting it can be. Now he’s starting to get a little hooked too. We get our shows from Oxygen & the Justice channel. They rotate between a long list of shows like Forensic Files, Snapped, the First 48, Cold Case Files and Murder for Hire.

I enjoy the investigative side and seeing how law enforcement brings justice to the victims (especially now with the climate that surrounds the justice system overall) but it was also be pretty depressing to see how cold people can be and the level they will sink to for their own selfish reasons.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

I used to watch them when I had tv.

Save    
ghostlyvision

I used to watch them, now I watch live streamed trials and follow the cases on the net.

Save    
loonlakelaborcamp

My husband and I watch them all the time on the Jusfice Nerwork. We call it the Idea Nerwork...

Save    
arkansas girl

I have those on dvd and I like to watch the true crime youtube channels. There are a lot of them. Some download videos several times a week. I like John Lordan, mysterious WV, gabulosis, the unsolved mysteries are on a channel....there are a bunch of other people telling true crime stories and I also like the missing persons videos and Jane and John Doe videos too. I find it very interesting. I'm pretty sure that I missed my calling, I should have been a homicide detective. I probably would have gotten too frustrated with knowing who did it and not having enough evidence to convince a jury they were guilty. For instance, I was just watching one today, they had their suspect and found the murder weapon hidden in the wall of his house but that wasn't enough to charge him with murdering 4 people? HELLO! Whatever!

1 Like Save    
kathyg_in_mi

I watch Homicide Hunter: Joe Kenda on the ID channel. He’s retired now but had a great solve rate.

Save     Thanked by Debby
blubird

I watch Forensic Files, Joe Kenda and practically all the crime shows on my ID cable station. I particularly like the ones with all the videos tracking the victim. Unfortunately, it means we appear to be under constant surveillance.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Love! Forensic Files. I always know where they're going and who did it before they get to it. And sure enough, they go down the path I would've gone. Oh wait, they're leading us aren't they? Yes, criminals are dumb. I always remember my first CJA class where they said the perfect crime has at least five pieces of evidence they thought they got rid of. No one is perfect. That's what I remember. That, and only 10% of criminals (who are caught!) make it to actual prison time.

Save    
always1stepbehind

I love all those crime shows. It amazes me what they can find through forensics.

1 Like Save    
Louiseab Ibbotson

My husband pits it on at night. He falls asleep and i continue to watch. Love it! Sadly though I’ve seen most of them. My new favourite is Death Row Stories. My pet peeve is that he often turns it off before I find out who done it!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Organizing A Pro Weighs In on Decluttering the KonMari Way
As Marie Kondo’s Netflix series sparks an organizing blitz, an expert discusses the practicality of 7 KonMari principles
Full Story
DIY Projects 17 Ways to Decorate With Everyday Things
Characters on the new Netflix series 'Orange Is the New Black' make the most of what they have. Here's how you can too
Full Story
Media Rooms How High Should You Mount Your TV?
Today we look at an important question to consider when locating your television: How high should you set it?
Full Story
Our operating philosophy as consulting engineers is based on the belief that each project has a unique solution... Read More
A shared philosophy of giving back is what motivates the talented team at Purple Cherry Architects. Our work is... Read More