SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenho_mi_z5

Scored some great deals today!!

GardenHo_MI_Z5
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I’ve had my eye out for the ‘tree formed’ Dappled Willows. I pass a house on my daily commute that have two on their lot, and WOW are they showstoppers, just gorgeous! I have a bed that needs some height and thought one would be perfect there.

stock photo (also become pink tinged)

Back awhile ago I found some at a nursery...but priced at $165. Owner stated he would give them to me for $145. That was still too pricey for me...so I passed on them.

Well today, I stopped in a new Menards just to browse and there was one priced at only $72. So I grabbed it! I was so happy I had stopped in. But then I felt ecstatic when it rang up for $11.88!!! I had a hard time trying to contain my excitement lol....it was obviously mis-marked!! The cashier said ‘is that the right price’ with my reply of ‘that’s what the tag says’. So I paid and away I went! (It was advertised that everything in the store was 11% off... I’d say mine was a little more lol :0)

I also came across some spirea ‘tor’ at Meijer. They were nice size shrubs priced at only $9.99. I’ve read they have outstanding qualities not to mention beautiful fall color. I bought six as I’ve been wanting more for fall.

$5 perennials at the farmers market also made their way into my car. I’ve always liked Cupids dart but feared they would look weedy? Well these were loaded with buds and blooms so that killed my fear, and bought some. Also picked up some Lysimachia ‘beaujolais’. Love these for their height and color, though I’ve read they can be short-lived, so I’m hoping they reseed well.

So...I had a great day shopping today and wanted to share. Also I’m curious if anyone else is finding any bargains out there? Something you’ve longed for?

(btw I was supposed to be in housecleaning)

Comments (6)