SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiemw

great deal on tub.....ok, that should be 'steal' not deal. kohler

susiemw
11 years ago

I just have to share this with people who will appreciate this.

Without any preplanning I tore my bathroom (and kitchen) down to studs and now they are both back up to the drywall/greenwall stage.

I've been looking (and looking and looking) for an old claw foot tub that would give some character to my bathroom (9'x ~7').

There was an ad on craigs list last week for a relatively new (~two year old)slipper tub. $500. it looked pretty in the picture but more modern than I was wanting. I'm not enamored of the bright shiney silver feet but I do love a slipper tub.

When I went up to see it I decided what the heck, I'll buy it, I can always sell it if I find something that I like better. The owners had donated it to a church rummage sale and placed it on craigs list. The tub has been used 3 times. Everyone preferred showering. I'm not sure why they didn't just put up a shower with it.

I came home and looked the tub up on Kohler's website. it's their birthday bath. I'm still in shock over the price of this tub. I can't believe this tub.

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Birthday-bath-72-x-37-1-2-freestanding-bath/productDetail/Freestanding-Baths/415826.htm;jsessionid=72B5CEFB86438935ED3129764516FE4B.kohler-prod2-ecom1

I don't think I'll ever get a better "deal" on anything.

Even if I don't absolutely love it, it's certainly going to add some pizazz to my little cottage bathroom.

I knew you guys would appreciate this more than anyone else.

Susan

Comments (16)