SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilflower71

Scored on a great deal the other night!

aprilflower
15 years ago

Have wanted a steam mop for a looooong time, and there have been a few recent posts about them that only served to make me drool more, lol!

So Friday evening after work I set out on a mission. Started looking at BJs (had a free membership which I won't renew, I wasn't impressed) and they had one for $70. I contemplated it, put it in the cart and took it back out a few times, but I recalled seeing it on sale elsewhere a few weeks ago so I eventually walked out without it.

Went to WalMart, they did not have any.

Went to Linens N Things (they're going out of business in my town and were having a 30% off sale) but no luck there either. It was 8:45 and my hiney was DRAGGING but I was bound and determined, lol! (We had 2 showings yesterday and I was going to have spotless floors if it killed me, lol!)

So as a last ditch effort I went across the street to Bed Bath & Beyond. Right there, in the middle of the entrance, was a display FULL of them. Just staring at me, taunting me with their $99 price tag. I kind of just stood there, exhausted and defeated, as $99 was waaaaay out of my budget - I think my lip was quivering and I'm sure my eyes were tearing up, lol. Bless her little heart, the gal at the service desk noticed me and said that she noticed my interest in the Sharks and I told her that yes, they were nice but beyond my budget. Believe it or not, she said that they had some "scratch and dent" boxes behind the counter, nothing wrong with them other than dented or torn boxes, for $60. THEN it got even better, she asked if I had any coupons (!!!) and I remembered the Linens N Things coupon in my car - not only expired but from a competitor, she said it was no problem - so I ended up paying $40. Can ya believe it???!!!

I love happy endings :-)

and ps - LOVE this mop! I had a hard time at first with my linoleum because there was mop & glo buildup, but after that it was a breeze!

april

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor