Wow. Just.......wow.

Jasdip

I just finished watching A Star is Born.

I have a huge, newfound respect for Lady G. What an absolutely incredible movie and powerful voice.

SaveComment14Like4
Comments (14)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Feathers11

I'm glad you enjoyed it! She is truly talented.

I was disappointed in the movie and thought it was over-hyped. I didn't find their love storyline believable, nor her accommodation of his alcoholism. The whole thing was just too contrived for me. Perhaps after all the reviews, I expected too much.

But her voice... wow.

1 Like Save    
always1stepbehind

That was my reaction too when I saw it Jasdip. I went in to it thinking "eh, we'll see"...but was blown away.

Save    
arcy_gw

I watched it during our travels this summer, mostly due to the previous discussions here. Gaga did a find job. It mostly made me want to go back and watch all the previous versions. I have seen the Kristopherson/Streisand movie and only remember being TOTALLY confused by the entire thing.

Save    
aok27502

I've never paid much attention to her, and haven't seen the movie. But I watched a video of her performing with Tony Bennett, and I was awed.

Save    
Uptown Gal

Her voice is fabulous...but still love the young Streisand best I think. Gaga

has calmed down, but was never impressed with her craziness to be noticed.

2 Likes Save    
Alisande

I felt the same way, Jasdip.

Save    
Janie

I loved the movie and I love Gaga (and Cooper too, oh be still my heart).

1 Like Save    
Debby

I need to find a copy of the very first A Star Is Born. Then I can say I've seen them all.

Save    
nicole___

I loved the music and acting....hated the ending...now I hate the movie as well. I think Bradley Coopers character should have fired Gaga's agent, managed her career and lived happily ever after...sober and teamed up.

Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

When I heard her perform the national anthem a couple of years ago, she gained my respect as a talent. Just about the best, most respectful rendition I have heard in decades, certainly the best by a popular singer. I hadn't heard her before then.

Save    
georgysmom2

Bradley Cooper did a great job, too. GaGa credits him for her fine acting which says a lot about his directing abilities, too.

Save    
Bookwoman

I thought the movie was very well done, and Lady Gaga was superb. But the Judy Garland/James Mason version is still my favorite.

Save    
Yayagal

She was amazing.

Save    
dedtired

Gaga did a great job but overall I found the movie disappointing.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
California Gardening Great Design Plant: Beavertail Prickly Pear Wows With Color
The dazzling magenta flowers of this cactus will snag your heart — just beware the bristles that can stick in your skin
Full Story
My Houzz My Houzz: Contemporary Camp Style Wows on the U.S. West Coast
Guest cabins, a barn for parties and a spacious communal bathroom make a couple's coastal home an entertaining dream
Full Story
Before and Afters Houzz Prizewinners Take Their Kitchen From ‘Atrocious’ to ‘Wow’
A North Carolina family gets the kitchen they always wanted — and not a minute too soon — courtesy of the Houzz sweepstakes
Full Story
We deliver “ceiling to floor” interior design services, and 17 years of experience has afforded our team the... Read More
Based in Northern VA, we specialize in interior decoration. Our designs bridge the gap between inherent... Read More