SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
collectorguru

Yikes, Let's decorate the Playroom!

Design2 girl
4 years ago

This is uncharted water for me, but my daughter's new home has a freshly painted (SW Alabaster) bonus room that will provide a great playroom for the kids, an adult exercise space for dad, and a designated space for mom's embroidery machine/crafts. So, truth be told, we are looking to design the ideal room that will provide some great family space while being upstairs away from the hub bub. This will be family friendly, functional, and a happy, fun space. So, that's the vision.

The room is already divided into 2 spaces and has access to a bathroom. Looks like this:

Facebook · More Info

The bathroom door is to the left, not visible in this pic. This space measures about 14 X 13

The pony wall that you can see at the very bottom of this picture divides the space and behind the half wall is this space...

Facebook · More Info

The small doors are simply storage access doors that were open when they painted.

All the blinds will be replaced with plantation shutters.

Our current thinking is that the first area with the tray ceiling, fan, and triple windows will be where the children's toys, reading corner and soft seating will be placed. The area behind the pony wall will be dad's bike, and a large table suitable for mom's embroidery machine.

Looking for a fun rug on the kid's side to start this room off on the right foot. We found this one at Crate & Barrel Kids, but if you have a source for something similar, would love to see suggestions. I feel like we need some color on the floor that will work with little girl things (think kitchen, doll things) but we have a baby boy as well, (so Tonka trucks, primary things), would love to see your ideas and inspirations and storage ideas.

Facebook · More Info

If you made it this far, I thank you! Move in day is coming!

Comments (4)