SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loveblackandwhite

Please help decide on the kitchen bling before remodel starts!

Jana D.
4 years ago

Thank you to everyone that helped me decide on kitchen cabinets last month for our 1960's Ranch House! The remodel official starts in 3 weeks, woohoo! I attached pictures of the layout again, cabinets and terrazzo floors. Uppers are slab style acrylic white gloss. Bases are oak veneer, horizontal grain in medium stain. Wall ovens are standard stainless steel. Cooktop is black ceramic glass. Vent hood is an insert in middle cabinet over cooktop. Sink is a one bowl brushed stainless undermount. I'm needing to narrow down the final "jewelry"-countertops, cabinet hardware, faucet, pendant lights and backsplash. Whew! I attached pictures of favorites I'm trying to decide on...so many beautiful things available today! Any advice or opinions are very helpful!

Base cabinets-Oak veneer, horizontal grain. Wall cabs are high gloss white acrylic.

Our Floor is original Terrazzo- corals, yellow, soft grays.

Quartz Countertop thinking either a-calacatta gold or a classic solid white.

I really need help deciding cabinet hardware - brushed satin nickel, polished nickel or chrome or a gold finish? All the door hardware in the home is brass, original, and there is also some chrome. I'm leaning towards edge pulls or a retro bar style for drawers only. These are from Emtek, Top Knobs and Richelieu.

When I choose cabinet hardware I can then choose faucet in same finish to match?

Will need 2 pendant lights, side by side over countertop, sink side, that will open to family room.

Should I go with a white or clear glass globe because my ceilings are only 8ft. and large window is at end of kitchen in breakfast eating area?

Then backsplash likes. Graphic patterns in white, a neutral or some green or turquoise color stacked?

So sorry, I got carried away with all the photos. It's so hard to decide on all the last parts and keep in budget, without sacrificing style and quality. I'm all over the place with my thoughts. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)