SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

Where to put pendants? island lighting? over my maybe kitchen

salonva
4 years ago

I am tweaking my kitchen design... and one of the things is that I have a corner angled sink which is not a happy point for us. It is in L shaped peninsula. We are strongly leaning to keeping the peninsula as it does seem to work with the space, but to make it a 90 degree angle and put the sink in the middle of the peninsula.

The peninsula is 8 feet long by 3 feet wide. At the end of the peninsula will be dishwasher.

Anyway, Trying to visualize if I did island or pendant lighting over the peninsula (at present there is lousy flush light fixture which doesnt give enough light in the center of the area. I do plan to add recessed lighting also but considering additional lighting for peninsula-but then---- what do do about standing at the sink?

This is a rough rendering (sink is too big here but it shows what I am talking about.The more I look at this, it seems a bit off size wise as it doesn't look like 8 feet long? but you get the idea hopefully).

ON the other side of the peninsula is an eating area with a sloped ceiling and skylights.

Comments (2)