What did you eat today?

amylou321

I gained 2 pounds last week, despite my efforts in getting 15000+ steps every day. I ate a lot of junk because it was easy and i was lazy. So now I am back on track.
This morning before I went to bed I had 2 eggs,scrambled with a sausage patty and a slice of cheese.
Tonight, I got a patty melt,no bread on my way to work. So it was basically just a burger patty with cheese,some onions and a couple pickles. When I got to work I made some parmesan/garlic broccoli to eat with it. I have an Atkins dark chocolate royale shake in the fridge if I get hungry again before I leave in the morning.
What did you eat/are you planning to eat today?

SaveComment30Like
Comments (30)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amylou321

It may not LOOK tempting but it was good enough for me.....

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp. I ate half and brought half home.

1 Like Save     Thanked by amylou321
nicole___

For the whole day: huge mug of Inka, 1/2 can of Bush baked beans, cup of choc milk, handful of choc chips, glass of diet Pepsi and a PBJ & a half. note: this is my idea of eating quick junk, I hauled flagstone all day...no aerobic work out, but it was heavy

Save     Thanked by amylou321
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Some lowfat turkey meatballs and a handful of cherries from my bush for breakfast; a yogurt for a snack; a couple of slices of mozzarella cheese and a couple of handfuls of spinach; and I just finished a big bowl of watermelon. I wasn't ever very hungry today.

lindaohnowga

For breakfast, my usual 3 pieces of toast with grape jelly and a cup of black coffee. Don't have lunch. For supper it was Mater/Mayo/Cheese sandwiches on buns and some chips and some coffee. Before bed it will be 1/2 of a dark chocolate muffin.

PRO
Anglophilia

The first figs of the season!!! Not bad...

2 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
DawnInCal

Two cups of tea sweetened with stevia, one slice whole grain toast, two slices of bacon and 1/3 of an apple with 1 tblspn of vanilla yogurt and a few granola crumbles on top for breakfast. Dinner is going to be half a leftover fillet, green salad and a potato skin. I bake a potato, scoop out all the innards and top the skin with a spoonful of sour cream along with a dash of salt and pepper.

If I'm craving a snack later, it will be either two cups of popcorn or a Skinny Cow fudge bar.

terilyn

Had allergy tests this morning so nothing then. A boneless pork chop and green beans for dinner. And coffee!

abbisgram

orange chicken/cauliflower rice/chicken wontons, bowl of fruit, snacking on popcorn now.

Fun2BHere

I had a grilled chicken sandwich with pesto and a side salad for a late afternoon lunch/early dinner that I shared with a friend visiting from another state. I haven't had bread for a while and the focaccia on the sandwich was wonderful.

lisa_fla

I just had a big slice of rhubarb pie and it’s after midnight!

marilyn_c

For breakfast, I had a slice of left over pizza. For lunch, I had 2 tamales...frozen, heated up in the microwave. A handful of cherries and some fresh pineapple. Late afternoon, buttered pecan ice cream. For supper, I had a small piece of extra rare steak. Probably about 4 oz. I spent most of the day, packing up stuff in the kitchen, so I really didn't want to cook. Oh, and I also had a little piece of sausage, about 2 inches long, that I sawed off a frozen link, and microwaved. I usually try to eat better. I don't diet. I eat whatever I want, or, like today, what is easy and quick.

maifleur01

People need to remember that muscle weighs more than fat and pay more attention to loss of inches rather than loss of weight at least for the first couple of months. Women especially can lose enough inches to be several sizes smaller but actually gain weight. After a couple of months as the body adjusts then the weight will stabilize and you can start loosing pounds. During the adjustment most of the up and down is from water either from drinking more or for some people fluid retention.

amylou321

So.....what did you EAT today?

Save    
Elizabeth

So far only coffee. Scrambled eggs and a bagel soon. Getting a late start today.

OutsidePlaying

An egg on toast for breakfast, a low sugar yogurt cup and a few crackers with pimento cheese for lunch. For dinner I made fresh scallops with sautéed zucchini and a kale salad (one of those from a bag with poppy seed dressing).

sprtphntc7a

yesterday:

breakfast: overnight oatmeal and coffee

lunch:1/2 cup of chicken salad with added cranberries and walnuts over salad greens

snack: carrots with hummus

dinner: blue fish, sweet potato fries (homemade), steamed broccoli topped with a little parmesan and nutritional yeast. 1/2 cup of blueberries for dessert

DawnInCal

Haven't had breakfast yet,but it is going to be a bacon, spinach, mushroom scramble with a small fruit salad on the side. The fruit will be topped with a couple spoonfuls of yogurt.

I think dinner is going to be the other half of the fillet and a salad of greens, radish, mushrooms, cherry tomato and cucumber. There is also half an avocado in the fridge that needs to eaten today.

gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

I eat a tradtional breakfast most days, tend to skip lunch and have a real meal at dinner. Since I need to go grocery shopping and haven't yet had the time, I swung by my local grocer yesterday after running errands and cruised their salad bar. Built a phenomenal big dinner salad of mixed greens, roasted chicken, hard boiled eggs, chick peas, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese. I added some avocado right before I ate it!! And I always dress salad bar salads at home so they don't wilt or become soggy. I also picked up an olive roll to go with :-)

Chi

I'm going to try keto again, so I officially started yesterday. I had a protein shake, 2 string cheese, a salad from Chipotle with Sofritas, cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole, and then dinner was 2 beyond sausages and some mashed cauliflower. For a snack, I had the Quest cheese tortilla chips, which surprisingly tasted a lot like Doritos. I don't care for their regular chips. 30 net carbs, 1500ish calories, and tests today show I'm already in ketosis.

So far today, just tea with a splash of heavy cream. I feel like I'm coming down with something (and I felt it before I started the diet so it's not keto flu) where I'm just so fatigued I'm having trouble staying awake even after 9 hours of sleep. Very unusual.

rob333 (zone 7a)

So far? A cup of black coffee, a cup of less sugar (Chobani, these are good incidentally) strawberry yogurt and gluten free (Nature's Bakery, also good) raspberry filled fig bars. Yum! 220 calories. ETA: I also had a glass of milk and stir fried rice with mushroom chicken for lunch. Not so good on calories, but tasty.

adellabedella_usa

Breakfast was a quick sandwich. I had a Whataburger for lunch yesterday and stole five fries from two of my kids and drank water to keep the calories down. Lol! Supper was tomato basil soup with pork meatballs.

I was supposed to make a salad with supper yesterday, but didn't have time so I think that will be today's lunch. Supper will be taco salad.

raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

I had an early appointment, then made several stops to do this and that; just got home at 1215 with having had only coffee and water so far. I just cooked about 8 oz of shrimp, had that with a mix of cocktail sauce and cranberry/wasabi sauce (I was craving a spicy sweet Thai kind of seasoning, but didn't want to make it) and a small bowl of blueberries.

I will probably finish off the watermelon later. No idea what I will have for supper.

katrina_ellen

After reading this I feel like I eat too much. I had 1 and a half bananas, 1 hard boiled egg, one breakfast bar, a chicken and cheese sandwich and broccoli on the side, plain lowfat yogurt and 2 pieces of candy, and that's just breakfast and lunch.

Chi

Yeah I think there are some very light eaters here. :) Not me!

marylmi

I had a small steak, tossed salad, cucumbers & cream, a piece of corn bread and a small glass of milk. Having coffee now with a mini cupcake. :)

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I am cooking thinly Sliced sirloin steak in a creamy mushroom and onion and garlic gravy, rice for the gravy. I don't know if I will be able to eat though. My stomach has not been happy today again.

amylou321

I picked up a rotisserie chicken on the way to work today, along with a bag of fresh broccoli florets to make the garlic parmesan broccoli again. 10 total carbs, no idea how many calories. Eating now,and drinking a Vanilla Coke Zero. I didn't eat anything before I went to bed this morning because SO did not want anything for breakfast and i was tired and I was not hungry enough to just cook for myself.

And I put another Atkins chocolate shake in the fridge for later.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

Part of a extremely salty hot ham and cheese sandwich that I picked up at a local restaurant (mentioned in another post). I couldn't finish it due to the salt content. About to start making some homemade Japanese potato croquettes. I should have just waited and eaten those.

nickel_kg

Today was a "low calorie day" ... usually we aim for 500 calories but I splurged and doubled my allowance! In order, I've had 15 almonds, 8 chocolate chips; a small salad of lettuce and onion with a touch of ranch dressing, one scrambled egg; a small iced latte from my favorite coffee roaster; one small fish fillet sauteed in olive oil, lightly cooked broccoli and asparagus. And a few sips of DH's beer, a juicy IPA. The end!

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Call Houzz Call: What Did You Grow This Summer?
Let’s celebrate the homegrown fruits and vegetables of the season. Post your pictures and tell us about your harvest
Full Story
Budgeting Your Project Houzz Call: What Did Your Kitchen Renovation Teach You About Budgeting?
Cost is often the biggest shocker in a home renovation project. Share your wisdom to help your fellow Houzzers
Full Story
Kitchen Workbook 10 Elements of Today's State-of-the-Art Kitchens
New technology, smart kitchen layouts and the hottest new appliances will make you feel like a Top Chef
Full Story
Specializing in glass shower doors and enclosures we also offer a broad range of hardware, medicine cabinets,... Read More
Fitzgerald Home Furnishings has everything for your home's interior - all under one roof! We have quality... Read More