SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirty_gardener

Just signed my last lease at this apartment complex

dirtygardener
4 years ago

I'll be selling and giving away all of my plants this fall, winter and next spring in preparation for leaving Gainesville, and Florida, and the US. My plan is to move to Mexico. I won't be doing a lot of gardening down there, and I can't bring plants into the country, so it will all have to go.

It's sad to think that my gardening days are over, but my health is such that even the small space I have here is getting to be a struggle to keep up. I'm hoping to get back into growing my mini African violets under lights once I get there. That's about all the digging I want to do! LOL

I've already promised a lot of my plants to gardening friends from here and elsewhere, but I'll have plenty to share with others. My planned departure time is late July 2020, which I know is over a year away, but I just felt like I wanted you guys to know ahead of time.

Since everything in Mexico is so much cheaper, I'll finally get to actually "retire." It will be nice not to have to stress out over how high my electric bill is going to be in the summer.

Comments (19)