SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

my apartment complex is endorsing a political party!

15 years ago

Every month, my apartment complex puts a calendar that they create with local events and the gas bill in my door knocker. Well this time mixed in with the gas bill and calendar, there was an endorsement for a county commissioner. The county commissioner they are endorsing is a member of a party and religion (it named both in the flier as if that would make someone WANT to vote for him) that are very much anti-gay. As a paying homosexual tenant, having this bull shoved down my throat (or in the door of the home I live at) BY MY APARTMENT COMPLEX really rattles me. I'm floored. I'd love to bring the flier up to them and tell them just what they can do with it, but I'm scared that they might practice discrimination and refuse to renew my lease in a couple months. I don't want to move... I like it here, but financially supporting a company that shoves anti-gay politics down my throat bothers me a lot. Maybe not renewing my lease would be a good thing, but I don't want to be the victim of discrimination more than I already am!

I really think that businesses, especially large apartment complexes with a variety of people living in them should keep silent or at least remain neutral on political issues.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH