SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaitlyn_kirk99

Kitchen Sink Caulking - Botched Job Options

Kaitlyn Kirk
4 years ago

We had a plumber install our kitchen sink, dishwasher and disposal and I'm absolutely beside myself with the poor job he did caulking the sink. Our new sink is beautiful and he has botched it all up with a bad caulking job. He said the clips didn't fit. Not only are there gaps in the caulking (which could let water through and RUIN our laminate countertops) - but he even caulked over a pencil line that was there from the countertop installers cutting the hole. He also got the caulk on the sink itself in multiple places.

Soooo my question is - what's the best way to remove and redo this? Removal methods that won't destroy our countertops in the process? Can we do the caulking from underneath instead? Or should we just cover it up with painters tape and do a more precise job?

(For the record, this plumber has done work for us in the past and everything else has been great - I'm not keen on calling him up and complaining b/c he's been an overall positive relationship & he clearly can't caulk - so why ask him to redo it? I am non-confrontational by nature and also think I should take this into my own hands to get it done right)

Comments (15)