SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weirdcatlady

Help me with my hit-or-miss Bosch speed oven?

MizLizzie
4 years ago

We are in the middle of a hellish remodel with all the attendant issues that brings, plus both of us taking turns being violently ill from some unidentifiable virus. So. Crazy. As part of the remodel, we installed a Bosch speed oven in early April. Only the dh uses it, generally, but the very first week, I caught it not turning. I wrote it off as a misaligned turntable, but found nothing but some large crumbs under it. I felt uneasy, but when I reassembled it, it turned merrily.

So I told the dh of my suspicions and asked him to look in the glass every time he used it. Well, he now admits he never remembered. It DOES heat. Now he’s got the virus, in bed all week, and I’m using it at least twice a day, and more half the time, it won’t rotate. Today it failed. I checked the turntable alignment, all good. Started it again. Fail. Started it again without touching anything. It turned just fine for the full two minutes I’d set. When it finished, I started it again without opening it. Fail. Fail. Finally, it turned. I hear nothing grinding or sounding off.

Is there anything I could be overlooking? Any clue what part might be defective? his is our first combo oven, I rather doubt the dealer will replace it after we’ve had it eight weeks. But I am very sure it was defective from the outset. I do dread trying to get warranty service, and have the awful suspicion it will never be right. I shouldn’t have bought it. In general, we love Bosch, but these speed ovens are the weak siblings with spotty reviews.

Comments (7)