SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa7242

Bosch Benchmark Speed Oven functionality - HELP!

lisa7242
7 years ago

I am planning to purchase the Bosch Benchmark swing arm wall oven and a speed oven; for a speed oven it is between the Bosch Benchmark to match the wall oven, or doing the Advantium 240 (Profile or Magnum).

I primarily want the Speed Oven to be, well, a speedy oven! I will continue to have a small microwave on hand for heating up that cup of coffee, bowl of soup, etc. We have a busy household with two teenagers and dining schedules often require multiple appliances being in action at the same time.

I find so much information out there about the Advantium and how it functions; from a functionality perspective I feel comfortable it is a solid choice.

Conversely, I find very little about the function of the Bosch. Financially buying a Bosch package (I also need an induction cook surface) is quite a bit less expensive while also providing a similar aesthetic. That said, what I have read regarding the functionality of the Bosch speed oven has me a bit perplexed. Specifically:

-Speed cook. It has 9 preset AutoChef options. Does this mean those are the only options that take advantage of the speed cook (convection+microwave), or are they just the only preset ones? Are you able to choose speed cook and then enter your own temperature/time? This statement on Bosch's site, and statements I have read elsewhere, have me wondering - "AutoChef Cooking Cycles Offer Faster Cooking Times for your Convenience"

It would be so helpful to hear from Bosch Benchmark Speed Oven owners to help me sort this out. I have an email into the sales rep I was talking to, but hearing from someone that uses it on a daily basis is even better.

Comments (5)