Flaming June Game CXLVII
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (271)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Idyll # 384...June...'I am the fairest daughter of the year.'
Comments (101)And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days; Then Heaven tries earth if it be in tune, And over it softly her warm ear lays: Whether we look, or whether we listen, We hear life murmur, or see it glisten... (James Russell Lowell (1819-1891) Good morning.... :-) I have been reading bits and pieces but just feeling blah with little to say of much interest. Enjoying just reading along. The weather here was wet all day yesterday off and on and last night we had very loud thunderstorms that woke us up. Only about an inch and a half of rain though. This morning the sun is in and out and the air is cool and dry. No watering for me today! Had a nice tour of Monique & Les's Garden. Such loveliness. The clematis were gorgeous. The green fish and matching pot tickled me. Great containers and that garden shed looks like a fun place to work. Must be a pleasure to get out there everyday and enjoy it. Thanks Deanne for posting the photos. Gardenbug....sounds like your life has been quite busy. Busy is good though. :-) Sorry you are having a hard time getting in a visit with Grandsons and DD/DSIL. Quite a bit of weather you've been having too. Reed is getting big awfully fast! Loving all the Clematis photos and I am thinking I could really enjoy starting to grow more of those. My problem is always trying to figure out structures for them to climb on. I don't know why that becomes such an obstacle to me, but it does. Your Patty's Plum is gorgeous and looks quite different from one that was given to me as seed. I thought it was supposed to be an Oriental Poppy but it didn't look like it. Your foliage does look like one. Woody...that Airedale puppy is so cute and looks like he is full of it. V....Lovely benches...redwood? Kathy....LOVE your 'Argentine Skies' Very pretty color. Reminds me of the way 'Black and Blue' grows. Do you find it attracts hummers? They would be annual here and not sure if I would even get much bloom until late in the season. I did buy the 'B&B' this year but so far it isn't doing much. We have only had one week of heat, so I am sure it will wait for more. Another orange/purple fan here. I LOVE your pottery with the fluted edge on the bottom. Denise...that spiraling Aloe is amazing! Thanks for posting that. I think I missed the news that Mitch has a Getty internship. How exciting for all of you! Congratulations! Saucy...the color of your house siding is a wonderful backdrop for your pots on the deck. Yes, I find that melancholy with transitions sticks with me for awhile. When my two youngest went off to kindergarden I was feeling it for a couple of months. Most of my friends were excited to see them finally get off to school. [g] Are you having a celebration for Jake next week? Is he excited about it? Michelle....I feel for you. It is tough to be away from people you care about. You will have to visit a lot! :-) Also, I was noticing, that on our new Apple laptop there is a built in camera and software to video conference. I would figure a way to set something up so you can see and talk to each other every day if you want. Anita...Glad your party went so well. Really nice when everything works out. One down, one to go. [g] Tax Law sounds like a very useful degree to have. I hope he is doing your taxes for you every year. :-) Martie....nice to see you. :-) I had been wondering about you. Glad you are all set with your surgery decision. So when is the big day? Really looking forward to more Park photos. Great news about Kyle, will he be traveling a lot? Well....time to get moving... y'all have a great Tuesday! Anyone for a lawn ornament? [g]...See Morewanted: western pa plant swap june 10th, 2006
Comments (39)Ok guys you have to help this rookie out I have never attended a function like this before...I am really hoping to make it seeing how I am due to have my baby June 15th should I be bringing a door prize or something for the chinese auction? Also I am going to have.. grape tomato plants black eyed susan splits different kinds of daylillies whatever else I have that has not been planted or found a place in my yard what I am looking for is of course sum and substance as listed above or any kind of hosta because I would like to start a hosta garden in my yard I know that I do not have much to offer but the belly has kind of made it hard to bend over :-)...See MoreIt's June 2014, how is your build?
Comments (150)wow, haven't been on for a while-so much to see and hear! Encouraging in many ways and also gives me an idea of what to look out for. Got sticker shock from builder's estimate so back to looking at what we need, what would be nice to have, and what we'd like to have. To be honest, we were under pressure to get everything spec'd out and didn't really pay attention to cost. Some of it was easy to cut back on and we're working on other areas. Love our architect but he designed a challenging build(based on what we were looking for-main floor living and maximize ocean view). Fortunately our builder has worked with him before and he really has gone out of his way to help us with all the permits needed to build in this central coast California town. We got our minor use permit back in Feb. and have been waiting for building permits. Architect checked with county, someone put a hold on it for geologic reasons.Said person is now on vacation until June 30th. Architect followed up(geologic had been approved already in the MUP). Since we live in Pa we are very grateful for all the help Gary has done in dealing with the county. Once we get the building permits and construction loan approval(which should happen in the next few days) we're hoping to break ground. On the home front, we're waiting to see what happens with my husband's company's reorganization. Our initial plan was to move to AZ(where he has been working for the past year) but now we don't know if he'll be there, in NJ or unemployed. (he retired from his previous company last year so we'll be okay, but have more wiggle room if he's working. However, if he's not working we'll probably rent in CA-much easier to keep an eye on the build). This limbo thing is taking a toll, but we know it will be good in the end. Okay-probably way too much info for you, but gave me a chance to vent.Again I really appreciate reading everyone's stories-love the positive and supportive nature of this thread....See MoreGame CXIII Flaming June
Comments (167)Queen of the Desert: The Extraordinary Life of Gertrude Bell - Georgina Howell...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

DESIGNER SHOWCASESSee the Daring Designs at the 2013 Kip's Bay Decorator Show House
New York designers show their latest creations in a fashion show for the home
Full Story
LIFE7 Tips to Get With a New Minimalist Mentality
Feeling overwhelmed by your stuff? Here's how to pare down, simplify and keep just what you need and love at home
Full Story

MOST POPULAR9 Real Ways You Can Help After a House Fire
Suggestions from someone who lost her home to fire — and experienced the staggering generosity of community
Full Story
MAN SPACESWhy Men Really Do Need a Cave
Don't dismiss cars, bars and the kegerator — a man space of some kind is important for emotional well-being at home
Full Story
LIVING ROOMS8 Reasons to Nix Your Fireplace (Yes, for Real)
Dare you consider trading that 'coveted' design feature for something you'll actually use? This logic can help
Full Story
LIFE6 Ways to Beat the Winter Blahs
Snow and dark days dampening your spirits? These ideas will have you looking on the bright side
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZA New Houzz Survey Reveals What You Really Want in Your Kitchen
Discover what Houzzers are planning for their new kitchens and which features are falling off the design radar
Full Story
MOST POPULAR5 Ways to Pare Down Your Stuff — Before It Gets in the Door
Want to free up some room around the house? Rethink gift giving, give yourself a shopping mantra and just say, ‘No, thank you’ to freebies
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDES8 Lessons on Renovating a House from Someone Who's Living It
So you think DIY remodeling is going to be fun? Here is one homeowner's list of what you may be getting yourself into
Full StorySponsored

kathy_t