SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dillybeansown

Help ID Hybrid Tea/Grandiflora? :)

This rose was sort of inherited about 4 years ago. Some neighbors moved and gave it to me. It had been in their garden for a while, but I have no idea of how long, if it was fairly recent or a long time.

It gives me these enormous, luminous whitish blooms. They have pinkish or grey undertones, depending on the weather. It has the loveliest foliage, is pretty Disease resistant, doesn’t mind the heat although the blossoms will singe on the edge in the very hottest parts of summer.

In this mild spring weather, it has been very pale, almost a grayish white. Usually it has pinkish, pearlescent edges. I guess it takes the heat to bring that out a little. I had tentatively identified it as ‘Moonstone,’ but that was sort of just a shot in the dark. It does resemble Moonstone, though. I have always referred to it as my “opal” Rose, because that’s what it looks like to me. Almost iridescent.

I don’t have a very good picture of it with the pink coloration, but I’ll post what it looks like now. It is hard to get a good picture of it because even though the petals have a lot of substance, and are heavy, it damages very easily, so it usually has either insect or sun damage, or both.

It will usually bloom in a cluster of three large blooms or one single, slightly larger. The Japanese beetles love it do death. Almost literally.

Do any of you know what my rose could be? I really, really like it, and I would like to know more about it. Thank you!

(also, I know that I really need to move that peony behind it. Sigh. Too much to do in the garden!)

A cluster

a couple of nearly spent blooms

A single

Foliage

a “Bush” shot, such as it is. Nearly died down to the ground this year.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor