SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn327

Fiddleleaf fig turning brown at leaf veins?

5 years ago

I’ve had this guy for a few years and he’s always been healthy. He’s currently in a mix of 50/50 cactus soil and perlite, gets sun from south and east facing windows, and I water when he’s mostly dried out (using dowel test).

I noticed the leaf veins are getting some brown spottage that has increased over the last week or two. It started as the veins turning yellow (which I noticed but tbh couldn’t remember if they were yellow previously), and now brown spots. See pics. Any ideas on what this is and how to prevent it from getting worse?

Im a little worried it’s a root issue and had been planning on repotting within a month or so into 5-1-1. The current soil does take a bit to dry out but hes been fine for the last year so I haven’t been too worried.. until now!

Ive been slowly transitioning to 5-1-1 and gritty for my plants but trying to take it slow until I learn the new mix watering needs. I get tons of sun so my plants tend to dry out quick. now I’m worried I should have switched this guy over sooner.

(Ignore the yellow bottom leaf. Those are super old leaves which I assume are just naturally dying out and have been hanging out down there like that for months so I figure they are unrelated. It’s the bigger newer leaves I’m concerned about.)

thanks for your help!

Comment