SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_702009288

Adding on two or three rooms to a plan I like?

HU-702009288
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I really like this layout, how the traffic flows and how open the living, dining, and kitchen are. It's also the perfect size for a family with one young one. But two things I'd like to change are adding a mudroom off the garage entry, with or without laundry options and adding one more bedroom.

I want to keep the square footage down but think maybe 1450 to 1550 would be a good number to shoot for. Definitely no more than 1550 square feet! It is 30' deep which is also preferred, so it would just be expanding the width. The width is 41 or 41.5'.

I don't want any bump outs from the rectangle, so all the rooms would need to fit inside a clean, simple rectangle.

I was hoping to share this and see if anyone has some grand ideas to tweak it to fit these additional 2 rooms. The third room would be potentially a laundry room but I don't think that will fit in the size of home per my last discussion. The main bathroom has laundry now but that could be omitted to free up some needed space.

A few things I'd like to keep the same are: Bedrooms that do *not* dump into public rooms, so not into the kitchen, dining, or living room. A kitchen and living room that line up as they do to keep traffic smooth, adding a mudroom before the kitchen on the right solves the equation pretty quick but I don't like how the living room would be now sunk 'back' to the right of the kitchen. I know the master bathroom is small but I like that size for the size of the home and the bedrooms are perfect size, they could maybe be a tiny smaller but the master should stick about the same size and the little nook is a perfect spot for the TV and dresser!

Image of Layout

(edit) Does anyone know what the image code is to show the image or image thumbnail without uploading it to houzz servers?

Comments (8)