SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katebg

symmetrical or asymmetrical, and other advice on kitchen.

katebg
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi everyone,

I need advice on several things for our kitchen.

It’s going to be a modern flat panneled handless kitchen, with matte light gray bottom cabinets, a white countertop, and probably white top cabinets.

I keep going back and forth between two-three things.

One is wether to put first the fridge, then oven/microwave, and then top/bottom cabinets untill the wall, or fridge, bottom/top cabinets, then oven/microwave. The first option would be asymmetrical, but the sink would be closer to the window, and I think that the top cabinets would look good white. The second option looks more symmetrical, the oven is away from the fridge, and I wouldn’t have to move the sink that much from where it is now, but then I’m afraid the top white cabinets don’t look as good. I’ve attached one kitchen with the first, and one kitchen with the second layout, so you get the idea of what I’m talking about. They are pretty much exactly the same size as mine, just different finishes from what I want.

The other thing I’m debating is wether to get a freestanding fridge or an incased one, and if freestanding should I go with the side-by-side one that will take more room and reduce counterspace (but give me storage space for a growing family), or a narrower combined fridge with the freezer at the bottom.

I will have a rather large peninsula with an induction cooktop on it, so actually that will mostly be my counterspace.

Now that I think about it, in a kitchen/dining room that is 10.5x19.5 does a breakfast bar at the peninsula even make sense, or should I use it as storage, which we are always lacking?

Thanks for all your ideas, thoughts!

Comments (34)