SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillybean103

Board and Batten - Hanging a painting

jillybean103
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are having board-and-batten style wainscoting installed in our hallway. The ceiling is 9’

The B&B in the inspiration picture (new construction site) is 60” high. I love the look. I think they may have 10’ ceilings.

In our hallway, 60” would come to the top of the lampshades shown on the hall table. If I go that tall and didn’t change where I hang the painting, the painting would hang half above the B&B and half below which I’m thinking would look strange. Am I wrong? It already seems to be hung a bit high so I can’t imagine hanging it above the B&B.

Also, at 60” can you imagine it extending toward the stairs at the height of the lampshade? It just chops the rising stair trim in the middle. I don’t know how it will look when the B&B runs into the existing stairway white trim.

If I go 48” it would reach the bottom of the lampshades and only require I raise the painting a little and it may connect to the existing stair trim better. I like the 60” look a bit more as it looks more contemporary and being shown in the new homes in the neighborhood.

Any solutions for 60” regarding hanging the painting and meeting up with the existing stair trim?

Thank you for your help (just noticed those lamp cords need to be hidden! Yikes).

Comments (10)